corrupted essence so hard to kill?

So, here's my issue I've run into, I can't kill a corrupted essence anymore in maps over T3. I can kill a boss in seconds, 5-6s and they're dead but a corruption doesn't budge with my build for some reason.

Did something silly with chaos damage+poison on animate weapon and it's been fine most of the time. Killing ES mobs before their shields are down but for some reason they deal no damage to corrupted rares with their life regen and I can't get through the ES for my zombies and the rest to help whittle it down. So everything is dead before its ES is halfway down. I'm lvl 75 so I have a few more gem levels left but this is painful.

Am I just lacking damage or are they really tuned that hard against phys since another character can't break through them with 12k dps.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 5:44:02 PM
Some essence mobs are ridiculously tanky. I have seen a few that were tankier than the bosses in that level. I am unsure if this is due to the amount of mods that stack on essence enemies (i.e. 3 different type of resistances, etc) or whether they just have crazy health pools.

With niche builds like animate guardian, you will find situations where you feel like your summons aren't doing much damage.

The only thing you can really do is skip the pack, or adjust your build to include more minion damage and attack speed.

Essence mobs do seem to have the health of higher level mobs though so you aren't alone in feeling the seemingly "random tankiness" when coming across these mobs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info