Unique farming question?

I know you cannot farm specific areas to get specific unqiues in this game.

My question is, if im after a item with a specific item level based on the base item, could i then target an area of that item level to reduce the possible pool of items that could theoretically drop?

Example, Facebreaker is a level 16 item, strapped mitts dont start showing up untul merveil, or the old fields on normal. would it not be feasible to just farm merv or gniess on normal for unqiues as the possible pool of uniques will be smaller than if i say did it on merciless due to the item level being higher there?

Yes i know i could just buy whatever im looking for from someone, but i play SSF, and id rather see if there was a way to narrow the drops im seeking down to more than just blind luck.

Appreciate any insight.
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2016, 2:46:36 PM
Sure, it does work that way and it has been done in the past with some expensive low level items (of which none are really expensive anymore). Whether that's a good investment of your playtime is another story, the chance is still kinda low so it could take weeks, I'd rather farm high level content if I'm not in a terrible hurry to get the item, maybe something else of value drops.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Even at the low level of 16, the pool of uniques that can drop is large. Combined with their relatively low drop rate means you would be much better off farming maps/high level areas for currency and then simply purchasing the unique you want. Like.. orders of magnitude faster in most cases.

~Myth
You can't really expect to drop a specific unique as a SSF. If you get unlucky, even a pretty common unique can be as elusive as a top tier one.

That said, farming maps is still better from my experience, cause the monster density is too low in lower difficulties, so you "roll the loot dice" less often. Most of my low level uniques came from maps. It's still quite unlikely that you'll get a specific one in a reasonable time.

You can try chancing it as well. For Facebreakers just add normal Strapped Mitts to your loot filter and use a chance orb on the ones you find. Odds are still not so great, but it's better than nothing.
"
Rakear wrote:
I know you cannot farm specific areas to get specific unqiues in this game.

My question is, if im after a item with a specific item level based on the base item, could i then target an area of that item level to reduce the possible pool of items that could theoretically drop?

Example, Facebreaker is a level 16 item, strapped mitts dont start showing up untul merveil, or the old fields on normal. would it not be feasible to just farm merv or gniess on normal for unqiues as the possible pool of uniques will be smaller than if i say did it on merciless due to the item level being higher there?

Yes i know i could just buy whatever im looking for from someone, but i play SSF, and id rather see if there was a way to narrow the drops im seeking down to more than just blind luck.

Appreciate any insight.
I think you would be better off stacking IIR/IIQ and farming maps with the highest Quant/Rarity/Packsize roll that you can handle. You still may NEVER see the specific unique you want. You could also just farm for the base item your desired unique is on, and spam chance orbs.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info