Essence Drain Delirium Pathfinder || Triple Chaos Degen

Welcome to the ED Delirium Pathfinder guide. A x3 chaos degen build: Essence Drain, Delirium, and Poison. This ED w/ Pathfinder is rather a unique and surprisingly powerful combination. The build combines Essence Drain and the Delirium Corrupted Essence to form a very powerful bow that allows for very effective damage and high tier mapping even at lower levels. My character has been able to clear T15's before reaching 75 and is still deathless. As a friendly disclosure I do have decent knowledge of all boss mechanics.

DEMO: T12 Estuary at level 72: https://youtu.be/QWLVGbp0HgQ

+Very solid damage.
+Great combination of defenses.
+Can be HC viable.
+You do not need contagion anymore.
+No super crazy items outside of the bow.
+High ceiling for currency investment.
+Very efficient in mapping

-The bow is a bit costly to start
-No Regen, blood magic, Hexproof, Can be a bit iffy but very doable.
-stats need to be filled with gear, jewels, or a combination of the two.

The build runs a very specific bow, and it is a little pricey in the end depending on who you are. The bow costs about 3 exalts (ESC prices) + crafting tips (if necessary) to make. BUT if you don't have this currency to invest you can just grab a 5L bow and slap Delirium on that.

With +1 gems enhancing all socketed gear it provides for a decently powerful Essence Drain. Also the socketed gems do enhance the damage of the Delirium degen.

Crafting The Bow
Spoiler

To craft the bow you want to start with a 6-Link white bow. Next get a Delirium Essence and use it on the bow hoping for one open prefix and one open suffix. Once you have this you need to have or pay someone to use their Catarina level 8. Craft "Cannot Roll Attack Mods" with Catrina, costing 1 Exalt, and finally using a 3rd exalt to slam with 100% guarantee "+1 level of socketed gems".

With the bow in hand you are ready to start making the ED Delirium Pathfinder.

The choice of Pathfinder was largely due to me being broke after making the bow :) as well as not really wanting to use a poison gem or cospri's will. Pathfinder was a great choice because of the 100% poison on hit while using a flask option. Also with so many CI builds out there I wanted something different. Ranger allowed for the option to go with Dodge and Spell Dodge. This lead to a very satisfying result and is not nearly as squishy as you might think.

Your Defenses in Detail
Spoiler

Your primary defense comes in the form of capped dodge and spell dodge (when using vaal grace) as well as high evasion and double evasion vs projectiles. For those not too familiar with evasion, a fun fact is that the double evasion even applies to projectile spells.

Weaving and dodging most of all incoming attacks we needed a way to survive when we do get hit. This was achieved with the combination of a few items. Firstly...Kintsugi. This armor is pretty self explanatory.

Next we add in Blasphemy + Enfeeble. Enfeeble provides an overall less damage multiplier to incoming damage as well as reducing the accuracy of affected targets. This makes our evasion and dodge even stronger.

Next we use our flasks, which generally are up 100% of the time.

Quartz flasks provide phasing and more dodge/spell dodge. Phasing allows you to run through targets making maneuvering much more fluid. The dodge and spell dodge are very nice as the flask puts you at capped spell dodge once you have your ascendancy nodes.

Basalt Flask adds even more physical mitigation as well on top of the combination of the previously mention set ups. 20% more physical mitigation, before flask effect nodes. Just money.

Arctic Armour.. less physical and fire damage! yes freaking please. Also, a very handy chilled ground path that makes kiting very easy.

Also the Pathfinder provides a permanent 8% less elemental damage taken as well. Pathfinder also allows, if chosen, to become immune to elemental status effects. Sooo choice to be honest. This allows you to just worry about bleeding and poison.

Between all of this you have some SERIOUS mitigation going on. Even in T15 maps before level 75 and some pretty bad rares, my character has been able to withstand some wicked hits and encounters.

optional:
CWDT(lvl 1) + GMP + Arctic Breath. A great way to spread some chilled ground and slow attackers to a crawl.

CWDT(Max) + Immortal Call + Increased Duration. This is an all time classic set up. Though its duration without endurance charges is very small it will help against those very quick rapid bursts of damage that may occur.

You know how to live, how do we kill?

Your Offense in Detail
Spoiler

First let me say this... The pathfinder offers the unique ability to not have to run a Poison gem allowing us to free a skill gem slot. yay! Also with capped pierce and not being CI, we can run Drillneck over Soul Strike, the CI Quiver.

Nom Nom Damage and Life!

You will notice that there is not Controlled Destruction listed in the gem links. This is because it does not scale the Delirium degen. However, Slower projectiles does. So out with controlled destruction and in with Slower Projectiles... But its so freaking, slow. So during trash clearing we swap it with GMP. No more contagion! yay! so much less clunky, I always hated having to double cast to aoe clear.

Now GMP can be pretty mana taxing so there is a nice 2 point option between shadow and ranger that gives +10 mana per kill and really saves the day when general map clearing. its a huge quality of life.

With chaos and damage over time from the passive tree as well as the support gems, which have all been tested to boost the delirium degen, we have optimized our set up.. See gem link section for the list.

Wither Totems are just a classic huge DPS boon to the build. Can't leave home without it. Though, not really needed outside of map bosses.

CWDT(lvl1)+ GMP + Arctic Breath... why is this in the damage section? Well, because Delirium is global and though this is a nice option of chilled ground it also applies the nice 1k over 10 dot.

The Passive tree is also a bit different then most ED characters. We still take the standard shadow set up but we also take a decent amount of ranger (Acro, Phase Acro, Arrow Dancing) as well as moving into the scion life cluster.

Passive Tree

Gems: How to link
Spoiler

Essence Drain + Pierce + Void Manip + Rapid Decay + Slower Proj + Empower

Spell Totem + Wither

Contagion + AoE (still handy to have when entering a boss Arena)

CWDT(max or what ever high level you want) + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

Vaal Grace + Increased Duration

CWDT(lvl 1) + GMP + Arctic Breath is a nice defense option (optional)

Blasphemy + Enfeeble

Arctic Armour

Clarity

and whatever else you fancy.

You got can make the bow, you know how to live, you got the passives, and the gems. Lets talk gear.

Weapon
A bow w/ Delirium is REQUIRED, obviously. 5L + Delirium is pretty cheap, though Delirium prices have been rising. I would expect to pay about 15c for Delirium and a white 5c bow. Eventually you can work into the ideal +1 socketed 6-link bow.

if you missed how to obtain it, see the crafting section above

Body Armour

This little baby gives us a huge 20% less damage taken on the next hit if you have not been hit within 4 seconds. Also it gives a 50% increase do our evasion if we have been hit recently. For a build that relies on avoiding most hits, this is an excellent choice especially when combined with the options in the defense section.

Helm, Gloves, Boots
For now, standard rares are an excellent choice, life + resistances on everything. Also use these items to fulfill any stat requirements for intelligence and strength that you may need. Make sure your boots have movement speed as well. Try and aim for 25%+.

Rings, Amulet and Belt
Again, life and resistances on everything. You may also wish to add in some mana regeneration. A good option for a belt is a Heavy belt with strength + life + dual resistances. This will help pretty much cover majority if not all of the strength you may be missing.

Flasks

These are the standard 3. You can also throw in the Witchfire brew for more damage or any other flasks you may want.

Videos
Spoiler

T12 Estuary at level 72
https://youtu.be/QWLVGbp0HgQ

Deathless Proof @ 72 from the video
Spoiler

My Current Gear in the video(don't laugh)
Spoiler

Last edited by Kartikdon on Oct 2, 2016, 3:10:09 PM
Last bumped on Jun 6, 2017, 8:22:42 AM
good write-up, shame that the demo got so heavily downvoted
Eh. It was a combo of things: Reddit, not ci,it wasn't a shaper demo, :P. Build being 72 people don't like seeing low level demos, even if it was clearing t15 corrupted maps.

In the end I actually got very bored of the build because it was too strong mapping. Sold the gear for a very nice profit. Video did something right :).

I went pathfinder for the poison but if I wanted to drop money into gear in would go ci with soulstrike like the rest of the world.
"
You will notice that there is not Controlled Destruction listed in the gem links. This is because it does not scale the Delirium degen.

Have you confirmed this? I was under the impression that it would, just like poison, due to:

"Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time"
tested it and it gave no increase in damage. The way I tested was I struck a target with delirium with and without a specific support gem, screen shot their life, and compared. Spell damage did not scale delirium. Echo and vortex are pretty unique to their mechanics. Delirium is most likely just listed as chaos, damage over time, duration. The projectile effects are scaling delirium because it is being applied by ED.
Any important changes to be made before it's hc viable? Or should it work as it is?
"
nomnomomnom wrote:
Any important changes to be made before it's hc viable? Or should it work as it is?

Well I was clearing T15 at 72.. hit 85 without dying. For HC I would probably rock CI Occultist with Soul Strike to be honest.
Yea but the problem is that I have pathfinder I got bored with, and there is no way I will level another character this league:D

Very fast service.
Thanks for the craft.
Funny, but I also tested Controlled destruction with pack of spells and can confirm that it is boosts dmg. It works. But only with Vortex and Essence Drain due to "spell damage affects DOT" mod. You can test it yourself by killing Voll with lvl 1 Ice nova and Vortex and see the difference.
Last edited by Mortrau on Oct 14, 2016, 9:20:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info