[2.6] [SC/HC] Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn [77-158 less cold res]

Added more information regarding the penetration and reduced cold resistance in the How 118% of cold penetration? section in the spoiler. Ty @zSavage.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
I'll get to play with this build next week. I was tired of playing trapper (level 86) but also had another problem I was bored: the traps were not acting chain efficiently (Chain Reaction), often failed to trap relatively close between them. Then what happened? Often you had separated trap sets to the ground which were not triggered due to a distance between these groups. I was thinking of even use Sunblast.

I found today using Google something related to this, I was already suspicious that increased trap trigger radius affected directly this and indeed influences.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1649782

"
mark1030 wrote:
Maybe trigger radius scales it? I have a lot of that.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It does.

This build is now working much better than before. I got in the tree some increased trap trigger radius and now I'm using one jewel Hair Trigger (increased trap trigger radius).

Because of this, I will have 4 Unstable Payload and 1 Hair Trigger (tree modified to have 5 sockets) or, maybe, 3 Unstable Payload and 2 Hair Trigger.

My style of play has changed, now I'm using Ice Trap to kill white and blues (sometimes use Bomb Frost in blue, depending on the case) and massive Frost Bomb in uniques with spam of Ice Trap, kills very fast.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
What about 5-6 link in Ice Trap?
"
AncorTm wrote:
What about 5-6 link in Ice Trap?

Ice Trap is only 4L. Frost Bomb is the main skill. Many builds are this way for now: 4L to clear trash white and blue and 5/6L to bosses/unique monsters.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Oct 16, 2016, 1:02:37 PM
Would be nice if u could post your 4 Link and 6 Link Version for iceTrap and Frostbomb.

I only saw ur 3 Link IceTrap and 4 Link Frostbomb.

And how does Cluster Trap Support work with FrostBomb? I mean that support only supports Traps and Frostbomb is a spell.

Last edited by PoEinsicht on Oct 24, 2016, 2:52:46 PM
"
PoEinsicht wrote:
Would be nice if u could post your 4 Link and 6 Link Version for iceTrap and Frostbomb.

I only saw ur 3 Link IceTrap and 4 Link Frostbomb.

The links are in the begin:

5L (Deerstalker): Trap + Frost Bomb + Cluster Traps + Less Duration + Cold Penetration
+ 6L: Empower or Added Cold Damage gem

4L: Ice Trap + Cluster Trap + Critical Chance or Added Cold Damage gem + Cold Penetration

"
PoEinsicht wrote:
And how does Cluster Trap Support work with FrostBomb? I mean that support only supports Traps and Frostbomb is a spell.

Trap + Frost Bomb + Cluster Traps.

Trap support works with spells.
Guides made by me:
Frost bomb is really bad for fast clearing map, especially when Ice trap is overall superior and oneshoting everything ( in a 6L with decent gear ).
IGN TylordRampage
how does crit vortex trap compare?
"
blizaro wrote:
how does crit vortex trap compare?

I have not tested with Vortex, but it may be a viable option in place of Ice Trap.
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Nov 15, 2016, 7:36:46 PM
This build is still fully updated and very good for beginners who want an efficient, cheap and practical build with the use of traps to clean everything up. :D

With this buff, the life got a little easier for elemental builds.

This mod appears at slightly higher values in higher-tier maps. This will replace the element-specific resistance mods. They'll no longer be able to appear on maps.

Probably tier 2 map is 40% and tier 3 map is 60%. :D
Guides made by me:
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Dec 1, 2016, 6:47:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info