2.4 Pwn's Tanky Blood Magic Fireball Berserker 7k Life 30k GMP

Hi guys, welcome to my Blood Magic Fireball Berserker build guide! This guide is still a work in progress and I'll update with screenshots when I have some time.

Before the start of this league I read about the buffs to fireball and was interested in creating a fireball build. The premise of fireball builds nowadays is using the unique jewel "Rolling Flames" to increase the AOE of fireball to hit multiple targets. Having never played a fireball build before, I started doing some research and saw a lot of Witch Elementalist builds and decided to make my own Marauder version! I've been able to carry Uber Lab and up to T13 maps (so far). Able to kill Atziri and tank the big flameblast but not when 2 or 3 overlap.

Why Marauder - Berserker?
Marauder has easy access to fire and life nodes.
Berserker gives us 40% more damage modifier from Aspect of Carnage.
Easy access to blood magic.

Playstyle
Spoiler

For the majority of the content in the game, I simply Leap Slam into a pack or boss to get Fortify, cast Enduring Cry, and then face tank Fireball DPS everything until it dies. If my life dips down I hit a life flask or recast Enduring Cry. If I take a really big hit and am actually in danger of dying, I just Leap Slam away and off screen with my Fireballs until everything is dead. This build is capable of tanking a significant amount of damage including face tanking Uber Izaro but can also be played as a kite and ranged DPS.

Stats
Spoiler

My current stats:
7.2k Life
500 life regeneration per second
32k tooltip GMP Fireball DPS without Anger
Don't be fooled by the lowish tooltip damage, Fireball explosions can overlap for a pseudo-shotgun effect and the area damage MORE multiplier from Conc Effect isn't shown on the tooltip. This easily translates to well over 150k DPS for big packs or if a boss is pinned against a wall.

Possible Stats:
Probably can reach 7.4-7.5k Life
45k tooltip GMP Fireball DPS achievable

Level 90 Tree

Ascendancy
Spoiler

For our Ascendancy we choose Berserker!

Pain Reaver - Easy access to life steal which is normally difficult to obtain for elemental damage.

War Bringer - We use this to reduce the cooldown of Enduring Cry to 2 seconds. This allows us to have essentially unlimited uptime for Immortal Call when around large packs of enemies. 6 endurance charges + Inc Duration on Immortal Call gives us physical immunity for roughly 5 seconds. When Immortal Call hasn't been triggered, the 6 endurance charges provide a good amount of damage mitigation. As an added benefit, using Enduring Cry also acts as an instant 25% HP flask that refills every 2 seconds! With my current life pool of 7.2k it amount to an instant 1.8k heal. This makes traps in Merciless/Uber lab incredibly easy and is a free "Oh Shit" button.

Crave the Slaughter - This doesn't really benefit us too much but does help a little for quality of life. This allows us to get faster clear speed and also increases the speed for our Leap Slam.

Aspect of Carnage - 40% MORE DAMAGE. DUH!

Gear
Spoiler

These are the required uniques for this build

Kaom's Roots are optional but give a lot of HP if you can meet resist caps without them.

My Gear
Spoiler

Gem Sockets
Spoiler

Running both Kaom's Heart and Kaom's Roots makes us a bit starved for gem slots but we can manage.

Helmet: Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attack - Enduring Cry
Gloves: Winds of Change - CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc Duration - Lightning Golem
Pledge of Hands: Fireball - GMP - Conc Effect - Fire Pen - Faster Cast - Controlled Destruction
Essence Worm: Purity of Fire / Anger

Note that we use a max level CWDT, we have a big life pool and can afford to take the hits to trigger bigger spells.
Essence Worm boosts the level of Aura gems by 2, using a level 21 Purity of Fire in an Essence Worm gives us +5% max fire resist.
Essence Worm also makes slotted gems reserve ZERO mana, this is great because it means we don't need to reserve any life AND we can use a "Clear Mind" jewel for an additional 60% spell damage.
Purity of Fire can be swapped for Anger for even more damage, although I typically just leave on PoF for extra safety against elemental reflect.

Jewels
Spoiler

This build has access to 5 Jewel slots in the tree.

Rolling Flames -> Left of Templar start with stray Intelligence node to hit the 50 INT requirement.
Rolling Flames -> Top of Witch start
Fluid Motion -> Between Templar and Marauder starts, this is picked up to meet the high DEX requirement for GMP

There are 2 other Jewel slots available in the tree and I highly recommend using Clear Mind in one of them. You can also use rare jewels that have %life, cast speed, fire damage.
Fresh builds all day.
Last edited by DarthPwn on Sep 16, 2016, 6:40:01 PM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2016, 2:03:04 PM
Edit: Killed Atziri yesterday and was able to tank the flameblasts pretty easily. Might have too low single target DPS for uber Atziri though.
Fresh builds all day.
Nice build, I'm almost doing the exact same thing. I'm level 84 now but am still rocking a 4-link Pledge and don't have kaoms :( I have had trouble finding currency this league.

I wanted to note : I think you may be missing out on your Rolling Flames gem left of templar because in your linked passive tree you forgot to take the INT node just above Light of Divinity to complete the 5 int nodes needed.
"
Egorbopol wrote:
Nice build, I'm almost doing the exact same thing. I'm level 84 now but am still rocking a 4-link Pledge and don't have kaoms :( I have had trouble finding currency this league.

I wanted to note : I think you may be missing out on your Rolling Flames gem left of templar because in your linked passive tree you forgot to take the INT node just above Light of Divinity to complete the 5 int nodes needed.

Actually Light of Divinity gives +10 INT by itself, completing the 50 INT requirement for Rolling Flames.

People always ask what build I'm running when they see a Leap Slamming Marauder shooting fireballs everywhere.
Fresh builds all day.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info