Ancestral Warchief Scion, need advice

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAL689MZFCjXWMZ6mVzrh8kX-Cti9TeP-jzWStfJuqmSEBqD5vQhnFbjIW5YyguSQEYqve8NKyLc-g8w8LYNfxq4QzCu2jEb4k1gXxPZyqfcykn09PuXPmG_cI6yqWfNyD2aeWOWiPloro_LDE5RvZlRBh_nogsco-riTHNyPGuvufIOnlF5d0f2nCNgkNsWD80ShrhKxNk6uj0YTcV6lWK5FjvuLNDGvpxzOK1ANzf5Urj5nm-RRl3kJljkO6wlQR-8OFCBfP_ZI37_bT-DDGj7yLxznah5qO9Ih8kGCB9l8FHEOPDpSLKc8S_aueGm8nxiR_EsUTe1EvJpBcslnkwclvKSgqUjgVbFbpjIDBKhynlc=

That's my skill tree so far. I looked at a few builds already but I'm not sure if some of the nodes effect the totem or not.
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2018, 3:25:31 AM
Like GunFinX already said, if you want to play warchief totems then marauder-chieftain is the best choice, unless:
If you play with facebreaker-bringer of rain, then scion-hierophant/chieftain is the best class as you'll get 3 totems when putting warchief into the BoR.
I don't believe I picked up any Minion nodes. I have Totem nodes but those should be fine. I thought Warchief damage is based on the weapon you have equipped. If so how does it work with Facebreakers?
Last edited by TwistedVanguard on Sep 12, 2016, 5:36:30 PM
"
I thought Warchief damage is based on the weapon you have equipped. If so how does it work with Facebreakers?

You don't need to equip a weapon. AW uses your main hand damage, therefore unarmed works too.
I came up with these changes to the tree. I think the stats are much better and a more efficient path.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAPTGMZ411kUK3eMUcTrh8kX-Cti9TeP-jzWStfJuqmSEBqD5vQhnFbjIW5YyguSQEYqve8NKyLc-g8w8LYNfxq4QzCu2jEb4kwJfxPZyqfTmsKu-p2VN5FGmV6yqWfNyD2aeWOWkDForo_LDE2ZUlG8V7HlovYHKkOvufIOnlF5d0f1FR7UE5CIpT-w4hXu-gGBDbj0DljsobzsyCWxGcmzSIRo4Jy862PJBeyD-hzLRKhNKxFBH7w4UIF8_9kjfv9tP4MMaPvIvHOdqHmo7gge-vMEEmy1fOQ48OlIsp6i79q54abyfGJH8SxRNvTZHfoTZAdx34yW8YN534kQl3tzv_YRTAMF4DcAaqW7ZfJkruR0=

For Gems I was considering this so far

Ancestral Warchief
Faster Attacks Support
Added Fire Damage Support
Increased Area of Effect Support
Melee Physical Damage Support

I have another question. For leveling I'm using Ancestral Protector until I can use Warchief. Is it better to equip Wideswing with Ancestral Protector, Faster Attacks, and Melee Splash instead of going unarmed?
Last edited by TwistedVanguard on Sep 13, 2016, 4:36:13 PM
I think you took to many attack speed nodes ... skip them an pick first the Amplify-Nodes near the templerstart for more AOE. This will push your clearspeed ... and level a Concentrated Effect for bosskills.

Don't forget Resolut Technique ... great damagebuff.

I don't know if it is necessary to go Blood Magic ... i never had problems with mana ... an a Hatred Aura buffs your damage a lot.

I didn't pick a single totem-resi-node ... u can cast new totems with Totemic Zeal very fast.

btw. pick a shield for more defense and better pick the nodes below Master of the Arena for more melee damage.
Last edited by deziar on Sep 15, 2016, 11:55:08 AM
If you choose Marauder, you actually have two choices. You could go chieftain or berserker.

The chieftain has a tad more survivability than the berserker due to totem life leech. But, the berserker out DPS's the chieftain by a mile. I had the opportunity to test both ascendancy classes, last league. In my opinion, If you're playing SC roll a berserker. If you're playing HC roll a chieftain.

This was the guide I followed for the berserker AW build. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250

Last edited by Jereme1981 on Sep 17, 2016, 5:02:38 AM
"
Jereme1981 wrote:
If you choose Marauder, you actually have two choices. You could go chieftain or berserker.

The chieftain has a tad more survivability than the berserker due to totem life leech. But, the berserker out DPS's the chieftain by a mile. I had the opportunity to test both ascendancy classes, last league. In my opinion, If you're playing SC roll a berserker. If you're playing HC roll a chieftain.

This was the guide I followed for the berserker AW build. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250

He / She wants to play scion ... not marauder ... look at the title
Last edited by deziar on Sep 18, 2016, 1:22:27 AM
I just leveled a self found scion warchief totem to 71 and it was so much easier than actual melee :D

Used Quad Warchief build in this forum and on page 7(in my world - near the end) a guy suggested a sword and board build that I used and just ignored the extra gems and stuff for the beginning.

Wouldn't worry about Blood Magic, Scion has plenty of mana esp once you ascend.

It still fun just a little slow waiting for totems to set up.
"
deziar wrote:
"
Jereme1981 wrote:

He / She wants to play scion ... not marauder ... look at the title

I realize he/she wants to go Scion... My reply is more or less a reply to the others saying Marauder is better for an AW build, and it is better for AW.

I was just letting he/she know if they do happen to go, Marauder. The Chieftain isn't the only choice. In fact, the Berserker>Chieftain hands down.
Last edited by Jereme1981 on Sep 19, 2016, 5:46:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info