Blood Rage leeching my health?

How is 'Blood Rage' supposed to work? Instead of getting life it seems to be leeching my health? I cast it and am suddenly losing all my health.
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2016, 5:36:37 PM
If you read it, it explains exactly why you are losing health. It specifies the specific amount of damage per second you should be taking.

It also applies life leech to the Hits you deal with your physical damage against enemies. But you have to actually hit enemies with physical damage to notice that.
So if I'm not hitting anything I just lose life then? Guess I have to just pop it in longer battles.. :-/
"
So if I'm not hitting anything I just lose life then? Guess I have to just pop it in longer battles.. :-/

you should counter it with %life regeneration modifiers

Endurance charges and some other sources of additional phys reduction can also help

depends on your build, and tree location
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 30, 2016, 3:49:08 PM
Blood Rage should only be used if you are looking for a way to maintain Frenzy charges and don't want to use Poacher's Mark.
or blood dance boots
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
So, first off, I don't know what Ludvator is talking about. It's perfectly feasible to use blood rage with vaal pact [and therefore no regen].

Now then....
"
arathornv wrote:

If by "longer battles" you mean "a battle lasting the duration of a map", then yes, that's what blood rage is for. You should be leeching enough life that the very slow degen isn't a big deal; at the point you hit the next pack (preferably with a ranged attack; ranged is better than melee anyway), you should be leeching all of your lost life back up, thus making the lost life from blood rage a no-op. If you're using blood rage, you want it to be up through an entire map so that you're using it as your primary source of frenzy charge generation.

On t14 maps and above (including the alluring abyss even though technically it's at t13 level), I always have blood rage up because the DPS from frenzy charges is critical to oneshotting mobs.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:33:38 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
So, first off, I don't know what Ludvator is talking about. It's perfectly feasible to use blood rage with vaal pact [and therefore no regen].

Possible but always dangerous. You will never start a new fight with your entire life pool, and new players should probably avoid that playstyle entirely until they get a better grasp of the game.

As long as you're fast you can just use health pots to mitigate between packs.
And if you are super cool, you can get a life flask which (almost) exactly mitigates the damage from Blood Rage, so it will last a lot longer.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info