Game play is suddenly freezing

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has had this develop recently. While playing the past few days every few steps or so the game "freezes" for about half a second then resumes and repeats. My FPS is a steady 110 plus, latency is 25-35, frames are at about 8. My CPU temp is at a steady 40c, all my fans are working accordingly. I have never had an issue with this game and it just started about 2 nights ago. Has anyone else experienced this/ have any idea of a way I can resolve the issue?
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 12:50:27 AM
"
infectedA wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else has had this develop recently. While playing the past few days every few steps or so the game "freezes" for about half a second then resumes and repeats. My FPS is a steady 110 plus, latency is 25-35, frames are at about 8. My CPU temp is at a steady 40c, all my fans are working accordingly. I have never had an issue with this game and it just started about 2 nights ago. Has anyone else experienced this/ have any idea of a way I can resolve the issue?
is this only happening outside of town, or everywhere?
were i to guess, i'd say your computer was having issue either with connection (hiccuping/rubberbanding, despite what latency may say), or is getting hung up trying to render in new mobs as they spawn (this is a notorious issue for elreon missions, strongboxes, etc), or if only happening in certain areas (such as kaom's levels or the final story zone) it may be your computer is having issue dealing with rendering the particle effects in an area.

turning off async may help (add --noasync to the file path for your POE shorcut after the existing quotation marks), it will incease your loading times when changing zones, but should frontload all the stuff in the level for the most part. there is also the experimental multithreading option (i forget the actual command), which may help reduce the strain on your computer if you have a multi-core processor and the issue isnt your GPU.

on a computer that can run overwatch and ff14 at a buttery smooth 70fps and POE at 30fps if youre lucky, most people's reply will be to say to get better internet >_>
I have not had any issues with my other games. I play CSGO a lot and is has no issues even today. ARK runs fine as well. I just cleaned my case out and i have gtx 970 atm. All my temps are spot on healthy with no dust in case. I will try what you said. And FYI it is happening outside of town much more frequently. In town it isn't really presenting as an issue.
"
infectedA wrote:
I have same problem but freeze is around 5-10s.
For those having semi-regular 5-10s freezes, check your Windows event log to see if you have display driver crashes.

To check:
1. Open start menu, type "Event Viewer" and open it.
2. In the left panel, expand "Windows Logs".
3. Click on System and wait for it to load.
4. Scroll down to look for yellow exclamation marks with title "display". You can also use the time of your last 5-10s freeze to look it up.
5. The detail will say "Display driver NVIDIA windows kernel mode driver stopped responding and successfully recovered" (for NVidia cards). For ATI cards you should have a similar message.

I have PoE installed on a SSD, ~50ms ping (from Hong Kong to Singapore), and during a two hour session I would often got a driver crash.

I'm using an Asus GTX 980 Gold, i7 CPU, 16Gb system RAM. This setup can run Witcher 3 at nearly max settings (all except Hairworks which I set to Geralt only).

I tuned down PoE settings a notch and no more driver crashes now *knocks on table*. Since I play zoomed out all the way (who doesn't?), and with all the effects flying around, visually it doesn't matter at all. Putting shadow to medium made the largest impact for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info