Darkness Mystery Box

Hey everyone =D
I just thought I put up my statistics about it (and how unlucky I guess I might be or how strange probability felt)

I opened quite a few boxes actually (because I wanted Gloom Wings)... A total of 157 Boxes

So here are my numbers:
Spoiler

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I wanna put to discussion that I think with a totally of nearly 160 boxes (which are nearly 4000 Points) it should be possible to get at least each item once ...

Also that I am now stuck with 8 pairs of Obisidan Gloves where I most likely only use two at max.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some items being more common than others, I actually like that about such boxes. But its kinda frustrating at a certain amount to have the feeling you will not get it anyways or sit on a bunch of multiples (like I do).

Tell me what you think about it =D
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2016, 11:43:33 PM
"
Sturmion wrote:

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I wanna put to discussion that I think with a totally of nearly 160 boxes (which are nearly 4000 Points) it should be possible to get at least each item once ...

If they do that, they remove the entire purpose of the mystery boxes, which is to make as much money as possible from players who have:

1. Disposable income
2. A gambling problem
"
Varkorium wrote:

1. Disposable income
2. A gambling problem

GGG, abusing the rich and weak and giving to the strong and poor.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
If they do that, they remove the entire purpose of the mystery boxes, which is to make as much money as possible from players who have:

1. Disposable income
2. A gambling problem

I totally dont mind that...
As I said I dont mind it either that some items are more common,
but after 4000 Points someone assumes that you have all items at least one time

"
GGG, abusing the rich and weak and giving to the strong and poor.

I wouldnt say its abuse, neither that they give to poor.
As I said I only wanted the Gloom Wings xD
20% chance of fireworks. Enough said.
Well lets look at what you got for 4000 points.

Gloom - 940 (using the current store prices for 420 point sets. (Using the individual non-discounted prices), and 80 points for gloom herald based off ghostflame herald price.)

Obsidian - 1,640 (using the current store prices for 420 point sets, using the individual non-discounted prices.)

Raven Wings - 310

Badges - 1,200

Iron Maiden - 200

Black Cats - 1,050

Black Hole Portal - 875

Arc of Defiance - 360

Steam Powered - 760

Nursery Web Spider - 400

Ebony Footprints - 320

Ebony Scorpion - 225

Ebony Blast Rain - 300

Stygian - 160

Twisted Horns - 195

Rain - 225

Total Value of all items - 7,730 (You spent 4000, $400 dollars worth of points, gained nearly double what you spent).

Regardless that you spent that much you actually did pretty well with what you found (i didnt include fireworks/crystals, probably would bring you to somewhere around 8000 if they had something similar permanently for sale).

Edit - btw i calculated the items alone because thats what you get when you get an item from sets, not the price of the set at the discount.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Aug 29, 2016, 1:35:39 AM
what is the numbers if you price one each item?
"
CaoMengde wrote:
what is the numbers if you price one each item?
The number i shown was the total priced individually since you dont get the discounted whole sale price you would when purchasing the entire set together, and since each box can only contain one piece. I edited my post :P
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
OP, just remember it's all about giving, not receiving. The prize is knowing you've helped keep the coffee pot brewing and the lights on at GGG HQ.

Thank you for that :)
Thank you all for the discussion!
I really like that about the PoE Community (not like in other Games where people get instantly flamed)

"
Total Value of all items - 7,730 (You spent 4000, $400 dollars worth of points, gained nearly double what you spent)

Thats correct, I should have stated that in some way...
but the number is tricky, because in fact would you buy an Armour Set more than just once?
Normally not...
Or especially Portals

And since there is no way to trade (for example Microtransaction trade, trade Micro Item for Micro Item so you wouldnt influence the eco in any regard)

So if you go with a "regular" buy the number is dramatically lower

And I really thank you Tin_Foil_Hat, you seem like a nice guy to talk to =)

"
20% chance of fireworks. Enough said.

Actually a standard rate for blanks.
With the next chest I will try to calc the expectancy value and that stuff

"
OP, just remember it's all about giving, not receiving. The prize is knowing you've helped keep the coffee pot brewing and the lights on at GGG HQ.

I know =D
And I dont regret spending that money or so, always invested heavily in Games I enjoy

I just wanted to move a discussion about this because I felt like some probabilities are a little off

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info