Screw you Steve Balmer

Or whoever is the current president of Microsoft.

I assemble today my new computer with nvidia gtx 1060, turn absolutely every setting to the max, and go into the map with my new, cool demon portal effect.

I almost started crying seeing how beautiful the game is - try imagining how blind man would feel if he got his eyesight all of the sudden.

I kill a few monsters, only to find myself suddenly at 10% life and almost dying, because apparently, Windows 10 has the urge to update itself all the time, and it doesn't take no as an answer, clogging internet connections permanently.

Internet browser doesn't work basically, since it's opening facebook for good 30 seconds, latency in Poe 500+, can't access anything on the net.

Had to google 15 minutes and find cracks which disable windows 10 updates and now I'm playing the game normally, and browse the internet normally.

Is that really necessary Microsoft? Will the globe stop spinning if fucking Windows don't update every 5 seconds?

Last bumped on Aug 26, 2016, 5:28:24 PM
I still run Windows 7. It's nice to be able to disable Windows Update easily. You can still disable it in Windows 10, but it's a little more complicated.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
never had that problem with windows 10 tbh
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:29:20 PM
Windows 10 has a fuck ton of problems you have to manually shut down, including all the privacy problems and many performance issues. Once you get through all that though its a decent OS, i prefer 7 still though because the indexing issues on 10 are really obnoxious.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
You should probably run through the update process several times to get fully updated before you play PoE but if you can't wait the command line net stop wuauserv will stop the update process, well in windows 7 anyway. Not sure if the same command for 10.

And hopefully you looked up the privacy settings you should turn off when you configured windows 10, there are a lot of invasive privacy bs initially turned on.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Aug 26, 2016, 5:28:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info