New ranger player help

Hi everyone, I recently just started playing poe and i decided to go with the ranger class and found a tornado shot build I am no following.

I am following this build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989
My passive tree is: This https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeBbUGIwguCIkKmw2NFUMWvxmOI_YmlTB8MfoylDY9OdQ-z02SUUdU_lVLW69daGHiYqxsjG1scFJ1_Xb3eOt7FH11fwJ_K4RvidOMNo19jb-UuJUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-hpKbgp9S1SLvjvebBScSiyNzKqc9e037UI9RC2cbh2-cK53To1u2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I?accountName=Afuh&characterName=Afooz

For some reason my dps compared with my friends is way lower. I'm currently lvl 57 but my auto dps is only 1846. My general stats are:

Strength: 38
Intelligence: 56
Dexterity: 305

which I think are extremely low for where I am at. My friend is a witch with the general same aoe build and he has 385 intelligence and 60-80 intelligence and dexterity.

My currently story point is Cruel Kaom and Daresso.

In terms of armor I am just going with rare drops with average links and decent properties; I havent been able to roll any good 5 or 6 links so the tornado shot I have is only 4. I'm waiting out until late game when I can actually invest my orbs and stuff.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Any help would be appreciated
Last edited by Afuh on Aug 25, 2016, 1:22:43 PM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2018, 5:33:59 AM
ur build looks ok, you go alot into evasion (hard core ?) early in ur tree but as for dps ur weapon and links might be the problem.
i use this on lvl 54 and iam doing 2400 dps or something like that with auras ect.

Bow
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 81-193 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 3-144 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 7.28% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.44 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 50
Str: 51
Dex: 143
Int: 35
--------
Sockets: R-G-G-G
--------
88% increased Physical Damage
Adds 3-144 Lightning Damage
15% increased Attack Speed
12% increased Critical Strike Chance
+23% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
Adds 13-22 Physical Damage

FYI iam allso rather new so i might be wrong here! and i only play HardCore

Last edited by aif on Aug 25, 2016, 9:02:23 PM
First of all, attributes aren't the most important. As a evasion build, you want high dexterity, since it buffs you evasion% (and accuracy), but doesn't help you with your damage.
The other two stats you just want enough to level your gems to 20, and Str is always welcome, since it gives you more life (If you hit C, and put the mouse in each of the attributes, you can see which buffs it gives).
Second thing: don't get stuck to the dps tooltips, he usually give you an idea about your damage, but is far from 100% precise. Care more about what you see in the screen, if you think your clear speed is fine, and have nice single target damage, be happy with it. Some builds just get good in the late game, other have a smooth leveling process, so just judge a build performance when it's complete.
NeverSink's guide is the most complete and detailed one that I have seen so far, so there's no secret, read it carefully, and follow it correctly, adapting to your play style, and you will be fine.
As NeverSink says in his guide, you can get some of the grand nodes of Int and Str if you need. Depending on you gem setup, you will need 155 Int and 155 Str (you can see each gem requirement in poe wiki), so you can get some from your equips too (but don't focus on it, you want to prioritize life/elemental resists in your rare items).
And you are right, save your currency until level 70+, when you can equip almost any item available in poe trade, and buy your endgame equips. No, don't invest in "not so good" items, invest in a really good item (within your purchasing power of course), which you will use forever (or almost) in late game.
Last edited by JosneiGamer on Aug 26, 2016, 3:03:45 AM
Make your profile public for other to take a look at your gear.
I think the problem is in gear.
Try crafting bow with % to physical damage, attack speed, crit multiplier, crit chance and/or added physical damage. Good source to review affixes(http://poeaffix.net/2h-bow.html#id)
Make sure every gear piece has at least 4 linked sockets(enough for cruel) and place gems acc. to the guide.

Another thing: make sure to get some leech(passive tree or equipment). Some mana leech is needed to run any Herald or Hatred- these two boost damage significantly.
Hello, I'm in need a of little help. I'm having a hard time getting enough str/int to be able to equip items. Even a few gems I can't use due to low int. I'm a beginner so that was my first mistake following this guide. Any suggestions would be appreciated

why u necro a 2year old thread and dont start a new one your your needs?
▒█▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ █▀▀ █▀▀   ▒█▀▄▀█ G O O D MTX Seal of Quality
▒█▄▄█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ ▀▀█ ▀▀█   ▒█▒█▒█ O Verified by M-posting, Inc.
▒█░░░ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀   ▒█░░▒█ Y

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info