Getting back into the game

It's been a long time since I had last played this game regularly. I recently looked into PoE again and saw a new expansion was being released (AoW). The last time I really played was right after the masters were released. I really haven't experienced much of anything else after that.

Seeing as I have about a week before before the next league starts (I'm assuming a new league will start with AoE?), I just wanted to prepare. It's always been known PoE requires multiple resources in this game to really play this game. What I mean by this is 3rd party programs like procurement to get all of your items up on poe.xyz. I'm not sure if any of those still exist anymore or if they are still allowed. I've heard of the new item filtering in this game which was something this game REALLY needed. I've never neversink's was the best all around? The only resource which I have that I still remember about is the poe wiki.

I guess I'm just not sure where I should start to gain all of the necessary resources to get back into the game again. Builds and such I'm sure I can find something here on the main forums, but I guess trading is my biggest worry. Even with procurement, it was still a hassle trying to trade with players. I'm assuming there is no auction house in this game.

Game should be finished updating soon and I'll be able to check things ingame myself. Looking forward to hearing from you guys!
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

IGN: _Keone
Last bumped on Nov 3, 2016, 3:33:04 AM
The big change to trading since you stopped playing is that you can now have poe.trade (which is what xyz is called now) index all your items without posting them on the forums. You can now mark premium stash tabs as public and set pricing information, etc from within the game itself, and poe.trade picks that up. Makes life a lot easier. Procurement (and similar program Acquisition) still work if you don't want to pick up a premium tab or two though.

Neversink's is indeed the general "best" filter, although I don't personally like or use it.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
The big change to trading since you stopped playing is that you can now have poe.trade (which is what xyz is called now) index all your items without posting them on the forums. You can now mark premium stash tabs as public and set pricing information, etc from within the game itself, and poe.trade picks that up. Makes life a lot easier. Procurement (and similar program Acquisition) still work if you don't want to pick up a premium tab or two though.

Neversink's is indeed the general "best" filter, although I don't personally like or use it.

I appreciate the response. Good to know some great changes have taken place since I've been gone!

I'm finally in game now and I'm trying to figure out how poe.trade will index my items in game and set pricing information from in game. Is there a guide anywhere explaining this? I tried to look on the poe.trade site itself but didn't find anything.

What other popular filters exist out there? I might as well play around with it before the new season starts.

edit: And what do you mean by "public stash"?
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

Last edited by confessions721 on Aug 25, 2016, 2:03:02 AM
It only works with Premium tabs. You can right click the tab and set it to "public". Once you've done that you can right click any item in the tab and set a price or add a note to it.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
It only works with Premium tabs. You can right click the tab and set it to "public". Once you've done that you can right click any item in the tab and set a price or add a note to it.

Thanks for clarifying this! That check box was there there before, so I didn't understand what a public tab was. I do have a handful of public tabs, but I did use to use my regular tabs for selling as well. Since they were numbers, my tab 1 would be items for 1 chaos, tab 2 for 2 chaos, etc... I guess using programs like procurement would be best for that if that is what I wanted to do?

Great way for GGG to sell more premium tabs I suppose. Are there people still using programs like procurement?

What is the difference between regular price and exact price on items?

Last edited by confessions721 on Aug 25, 2016, 2:18:15 AM
I believe "exact price" means the items prices aren't negotiable and the other shows you're willing to haggle. They both seem to function the same. Aside from one showing "fixed price" on your items on poe.trade. :)

Edit: You can also set the price for the entire contents of the tab. So you can still do a "1 chaos" tab if you'd like. Just use either of the options you mentioned.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Aug 25, 2016, 3:04:27 AM
Does anyone happen to know any good builds for the start of the next season? I know summoner builds in the past have always been budget and easy to do.

Yeah, SRS/zombie summoner with a Femur of Saints has been my go-to for league starts cause it's so cheap and can do t15 ezpz on a 5-link.

If you don't mind playing totems this RF totem Marauder is also super budget and pretty damn tanky. I played this for 2.2 and was extremely pleased how easy everything (including laby) was. The damage is great too. :)

If you're more into melee, check out some Earthquake builds. They seem pretty budget, or at least the ones I looked at are.

"
Shovelcut wrote:
Yeah, SRS/zombie summoner with a Femur of Saints has been my go-to for league starts cause it's so cheap and can do t15 ezpz on a 5-link.

If you don't mind playing totems this RF totem Marauder is also super budget and pretty damn tanky. I played this for 2.2 and was extremely pleased how easy everything (including laby) was. The damage is great too. :)

If you're more into melee, check out some Earthquake builds. They seem pretty budget, or at least the ones I looked at are.

awesome I'll definitely take a look at those! I've played my fair share of totems and summoner builds in the past, so I'd like to try something different if possible.

Are there any guides out there that tell you the rough pricing of items? Or at least what the max and min of specific prefix and suffixes are? That way you'll know what is worth keeping and what isn't.

Been searching around for a guild as well so I have people to play with when the league starts :)

I'm finally in diversion now and I'm attempting to make sense of how poe.trade will list my things in items and set pricing data from in game. Is there a guide anyplace clarifying this? I attempted to look at more info on the poe.trade site itself however didn't discover anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info