Returning Player, Hows the Population?

As title. I'm looking to maybe return to PoE and prepare for the new update but I am concerned about the player population, a friend of mine mentioned that its mostly just gold farmers and traders now and everyone else sort of keeps to themselves.

As someone who likes to make friends and play with others this is disheartening, is there any validity to these claims? Is it worth me coming back to PoE?

Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 2:46:36 PM
You could always be my friend? :D
inb4 gaem ded

But in reality population is ok (except in Std HC). In new leagues hang on /global 820, share your encounters and you'll make new friends, if you want it or not. Just beware of occasional scammers :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
At the moment population has shrunk to the groups mentioned by you.
Though, it'll greatly expand at the beginning of the new league. Then you'll have 2-4 weeks to make new friends, play with casuals, etc. After, population will void once again. A neverending cycle.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
Googatron wrote:
As title. I'm looking to maybe return to PoE and prepare for the new update but I am concerned about the player population, a friend of mine mentioned that its mostly just gold farmers and traders now and everyone else sort of keeps to themselves.

As someone who likes to make friends and play with others this is disheartening, is there any validity to these claims? Is it worth me coming back to PoE?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/guild-recruitment-seeking-players
It's still not difficult to see people sharing public maps on the notice board or in global 820. Try the new league in a couple weeks and see for yourself.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Googatron wrote:

There is no validity to those claims. Even though this league only has a few days left, there are a lot of people playing. Back in the day the end of a league was truly a lonely place.

Next week the population will explode as usual for a league start. In the middle of October, players will leave bringing on posts of a dead game. In November the hype train begins again.
"
Barivius wrote:
Even though this league only has a few days left, there are a lot of people playing. Back in the day the end of a league was truly a lonely place.

Actually, yes, I'm grinding a few more challenges and there's a lot of people online, probably fellow monkey enthusiasts or totemists, maybe a stray Reach dealer or two.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
imo, this game is not fun playing in groups- ppl can barely handle the effects and the looting is just not as fun as if you're solo... i rarely play in groups and its perfectly fine, imo.. i dont feel like upgrading my pc so that i can play with humans- i see enough people on my daily IRL

but yea, most people play solo that I know but there are lots of people around- it's def not dead!!!! and I do see groups happening on the trade boards so you will find people who like to group together :)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Aug 24, 2016, 8:55:18 AM
Join a guild. I'd be bored of PoE if not for the assholes in mine.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info