anybody use bladefall totems?

Any suggestions to make it stronger and more defensive? I love the skill! just not sure how to optimize my tree and gear that well. Should I go ES? or stick with my eva/es setup? fill me in if you are familiar with BF totems.

capped res
3700 hp
1400 es
just under 27k damage with decent crit

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswceCaoLYQxSDkgPxBGWFm8aOBzcHRQfAiSqJy8qCyoTLR8y0TWSNsU26TrhO3w8LUGWRUdFnUlRTLNN406uU1JVxljlWfNaK13yXl1mnmjyaxdwUnIPfIN-WX_GgpuDX4PMg9uD84nTi4yMNo5kjxqPRo_6kFWSbpUglS6aO5rgogCio6PyplenCKeUqLmuEq6zr2yxNrb6tz64yrxWwGbAmsHzwxPGrtD10f3SfNWm2CTYvdn82t3hc-Nq6-7r9e088B_w1fJF96b53frS_gr-jw==
Last edited by FeatherGunSoul on Aug 24, 2016, 2:33:04 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 11:38:56 PM
Might be able to help >

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705522

Cheers,
~ Scards
I'm testing an Inquisitor Dual Totem Build for the next league. Bladefall gem at level 19, here's a couple of pics of the tooltip dps with and without the enchants. I have a bladefall 60% crit chance helm enchant, and the boot's 90% crit chance if you haven't crit recently (with totems it never goes away).

Screenshots of tooltip dps with and without enchants

http://imgur.com/a/BNLVz
http://imgur.com/a/v9rxz

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AxSDkgRLxGWFm8Wvxo4HNwdFB8CIvQmlScvKgsqEyycMtE2PTbFPAU9X0GWQ8hFR0WdSVFMs06uTwRSU1NSVUtVxljlWfNaK1ugXfJeXV8qYeJknWZUZp5o8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJyD3Ozdf18DnyDf8aCm4Pbg_OEb4nTjDaOZI8aj0aP-pBVkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjua4Jx7naqf36IAo_KnCKdVp5Soua4SrrOxNrVItvq8VsBUwGbQH9D10f3SfNRC1abYJONq62Pr5Ovu6_XtPO1h73zv6_Af8NXyHfem-tI=?accountName=IchiMorghulis&characterName=IzaroMorghulis

Gears (The amulet is legacy for the dex, non legacy with spell, crit chance, and crit damage have same dps
Spoiler

These are the jewels, got lucky corrupting the Spire of Stone

I have no problem running conc effect full time.

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I'm testing an Inquisitor Dual Totem Build for the next league. Bladefall gem at level 19, here's a couple of pics of the tooltip dps with and without the enchants. I have a bladefall 60% crit chance helm enchant, and the boot's 90% crit chance if you haven't crit recently (with totems it never goes away).

Screenshots of tooltip dps with and without enchants

http://imgur.com/a/BNLVz
http://imgur.com/a/v9rxz

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAKWBAcEswVCBx4I9AxSDkgRLxGWFm8Wvxo4HNwdFB8CIvQmlScvKgsqEyycMtE2PTbFPAU9X0GWQ8hFR0WdSVFMs06uTwRSU1NSVUtVxljlWfNaK1ugXfJeXV8qYeJknWZUZp5o8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJyD3Ozdf18DnyDf8aCm4Pbg_OEb4nTjDaOZI8aj0aP-pBVkm6TJ5RvlS6XlZf0mjua4Jx7naqf36IAo_KnCKdVp5Soua4SrrOxNrVItvq8VsBUwGbQH9D10f3SfNRC1abYJONq62Pr5Ovu6_XtPO1h73zv6_Af8NXyHfem-tI=?accountName=IchiMorghulis&characterName=IzaroMorghulis

Gears (The amulet is legacy for the dex, non legacy with spell, crit chance, and crit damage have same dps
Spoiler

These are the jewels, got lucky corrupting the Spire of Stone

I have no problem running conc effect full time.

Thank's for the response this is what I was looking for. I know most of my gems aren't lvl 20 yet but are getting close. Is physical damage more important than spell damage on jewels only or should I be looking for it on my daggers too? Are you able to run all 3 auras at once without much mana issues? I tried running hatred and arctic armor and i had just enough for 1 totem so I decided to stick with just hatred for now and i have a level 2 enlighten. you're tree looks way different then mine, but I did transition from crit flame totems to bladefall totems without changing my tree. I'll change my gem setup and add added fire instead of controlled destruction. I seen it on lighty's scion setup and thought it would be fine with this setup.
"
Scardia wrote:
Might be able to help >

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1705522

Cheers,
~ Scards

Thanks I seen this last night and wasn't feelin it lol. Looking for something a little more original I guess. Thank you though I appreciate the effort to help!
"
Thank's for the response this is what I was looking for. I know most of my gems aren't lvl 20 yet but are getting close. Is physical damage more important than spell damage on jewels only or should I be looking for it on my daggers too? Are you able to run all 3 auras at once without much mana issues? I tried running hatred and arctic armor and i had just enough for 1 totem so I decided to stick with just hatred for now and i have a level 2 enlighten. you're tree looks way different then mine, but I did transition from crit flame totems to bladefall totems without changing my tree. I'll change my gem setup and add added fire instead of controlled destruction. I seen it on lighty's scion setup and thought it would be fine with this setup.

I don't have any mana issues at all, without clarity I'm regening 72 mana/sec, I can run -40% regen maps without any problems. I only threw in clarity to use up the excess mana. For jewels, I believe that spell, physical, area, and plain old damage all works equally. You have a lot of choices, other useful mods include cast speed, crit chance, and crit multi. You do want to stay away from elemental damage increases as it doesn't benefit the physical portion. For daggers I would look for one with high crit chance and crit multi with an open slot to mastercraft spell damage. The added flat elemental damage to spells is nice to have but not necessary. I don't run arctic armour simply because I'm always whirling, on the ascendancy passive "instrument of virtue" the last line reads "30% cast speed if you attack recently", whirling blade is an attack, so whenever you whirl you get +30% cast speed. This is the reason I socketed in a frenzy gem for those times that whirling is not an option. I just attack in place with frenzy and my totem damage goes up from 68k to 78k. Arctic Armour won't protect you if you are moving. If you're not running Spire of Stone, you should, your totems are worthless when they're stun. I think you have a leech mod on one of your daggers, the leech on it doesn't benefits you.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Aug 24, 2016, 7:30:58 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"

I don't have any mana issues at all, without clarity I'm regening 72 mana/sec, I can run -40% regen maps without any problems. I only threw in clarity to use up the excess mana. For jewels, I believe that spell, physical, area, and plain old damage all works equally. You have a lot of choices, other useful mods include cast speed, crit chance, and crit multi. You do want to stay away from elemental damage increases as it doesn't benefit the physical portion. For daggers I would look for one with high crit chance and crit multi with an open slot to mastercraft spell damage. The added flat elemental damage to spells is nice to have but not necessary. I don't run arctic armour simply because I'm always whirling, on the ascendancy passive "instrument of virtue" the last line reads "30% cast speed if you attack recently", whirling blade is an attack, so whenever you whirl you get +30% cast speed. This is the reason I socketed in a frenzy gem for those times that whirling is not an option. I just attack in place with frenzy and my totem damage goes up from 68k to 78k. Arctic Armour won't protect you if you are moving. If you're not running Spire of Stone, you should, your totems are worthless when they're stun. I think you have a leech mod on one of your daggers, the leech on it doesn't benefits you.

Alright I will change a few things around. I switched out controlled destruction for added fire and its the same dps but it does seem to kill a little faster idk maybe i'm just playing tricks on my mind lol. The leech was added when I was testing an incinerate build, but its the 2nd best dagger I have atm so I went with it. I need to find two daggers with +70 spell damage I think that will help alot plus the crit,spell crit combo or global. Thanks again for your help! Oh and you do you know accuracy affects bladefall? I'm looking for a helm with the bladefall enchant and I am seeing a lot with accuracy. Seen a alphas howl that might be worth using for the auras but no life on it kind of sucks...
Last edited by FeatherGunSoul on Aug 24, 2016, 8:33:07 PM
"
Oh and you do you know accuracy affects bladefall?

Accuracy only affect attacks, spells never miss.
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
"
Oh and you do you know accuracy affects bladefall?

Accuracy only affect attacks, spells never miss.

Alright thank you for clearing that up for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info