Tired of unlock code confirmation e-mails

Hi!

I live in Latvia and use 4G internet from Tele2 internet provider. I don't know why, but poe server keep asking me to enter confirmation code about once in 1-3 days, while I don't change my location.

Here is example

"
Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Riga, Riga, Latvia".

Well, I don't live in Riga and I assume Riga is just main gateway. I also assume my provider can change my ip frequently, even each day, but can't you GGG do something with that (of course without bringing down security)?

Maybe I can install some 3d part soft to solve this?

EDIT:

I am pretty sure that my account is not compromised, because letters come in same time me wanting to log in.
Last edited by filtre on Aug 18, 2016, 9:33:11 AM
Last bumped on Aug 18, 2016, 3:32:04 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
you can mail support (support@grindinggear.com) and request the deactivation of this security feature. on your own risk of course.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
As Vio said, email us at support@grindinggear.com and we can look into this for you.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
"
filtre wrote:
Hi!

I live in Latvia and use 4G internet from Tele2 internet provider. I don't know why, but poe server keep asking me to enter confirmation code about once in 1-3 days, while I don't change my location.

Sveiks!

It asks so because your IP does change- that is a known problem with our mobile operators. Even worse would be in case of 'BITE' - you would sometimes have Lithuanian IPs :)

I mean that with BITE you would deffinetly have this problem, and it seems that Tele2 works the same way.
Last edited by Beaviz on Aug 18, 2016, 10:34:45 AM
"
Beaviz wrote:
It asks so because your IP does change- that is a known problem

it's not really a problem, most internet providers worldwide have just a limited pool of ip addresses they dynamically assign to their customers because they have more customers than addresses.

this is simply due to the fact that the IPv4 protocol just allows for a certain amount of computers on the internet which is mostly used up already.

there is a new IPv6 protocol which has a much larger address space but it's not that common yet.
Last edited by vio on Aug 18, 2016, 11:01:54 AM
Thank you all for your replies!
"
vio wrote:

this is simply due to the fact that the IPv4 protocol just allows for a certain amount of computers on the internet which is mostly used up already.

Forgive me if this sounds super computer illiterate.

But.

It sounds to me like you just said the Internet is almost full!

I didn't think the Internet would fill up that fast!!!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
vio wrote:

Forgive me if this sounds super computer illiterate.

But.

It sounds to me like you just said the Internet is almost full!

I didn't think the Internet would fill up that fast!!!

it is, when the american military invented it they didn't think so many countries would fall for it.
Same problem here too still unlocking when moving to my house in village. Still that unlocking shit.
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info