Attempting to make a viable duel wield sword/evasion/resist tank

First off, I am new I only have a couple of characters level 6-18 (mages and rangers) so go easy on me...

I want to duel wield swords and be viable in HC. I want to be a competent solo template.

I would be going pure evasion + resistance. Crystal Skin + Diamond Skin. Lots of Dex and strength. Everyone said HP was very important in HC so I stacked up on it by starting in the Marauder section first. I figure I will use dual strike and whirling blades.

If this is not viable let me know why you think so and what I could possibly do to change it. I hate following templates and know I probably have no business making my own yet, but I want to innovate. I don't really want too many spells or ranged attacks like ground slam or ethereal knives. I want a physical build.

Should I start in Ranger to get dual wield bonuses first? Or would the Marauder HP be better? You can of course say this is an entire waste of time too, heh.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAbwB3AOHBbUF-QguCRALYRRSFRoV8BmOGbQa2xtFG_ohAyP2Jd8s6TBxMHwxsDpCPs9HfkpTS3hLxFBQUUdUSVhjWkhfP2VNZfFnZ2qTcHJ4DXlIeWh7jIO9hNmHGYzPjb-Ov5VmmyabjZ8no4qj56QZqn-quKvFr6e53bt8vea-ir6nvsHAD8EEwoDGosbYytPL9c3qzqjQCdJN037UI9Uc1e3YC9jr3ajd5-aI5w_nUujW7YPuDu8O73rv8PIv9kj2o_lj-vH-ug==
Last edited by johnce6 on Feb 19, 2013, 11:31:39 PM
My thoughts on this are that a dual wield sword build with the Marauder is difficult but far from impossible. I am currently attempting this as well in the default league. I went pure strength and I am using resolute technique.

That might be something to consider. Also I strongly recommend both Warlord's Mark and Enduring cry especially seeing as you are attempting HC.

I am far from an expert but I can tell you there are many points in the later game where playing in a party with ranged combatants makes all the difference.

I hope this has been helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info