MoldyDwarf's HH Mjolner Juggernaut

I'm creating this post primary for my own purposes. This build is based on Mjolner done right by Rico. After playing an AngryAA-style EQ Jugg on Prophesy, I started studying a bunch of Mjolner builds and Rico's seemed best adapted to 2.3 and tackling the hardest content in the game.

I respecced a toon on Standard, played around with some hard content, then leveled from 95 to 96. I died in 3 maps from 95 to 96, all for silly reasons. This is the best leveling toon I've had at this high of a level.

Level 95 tree

Differences

• I decided to spend a big chunk of my exalts and get a Headhunter. It's really fun. It also means I didn't have to worry as much about dex.
  • Alpha's Howl is the best bet for hard bosses like Uber, but when I switched to leveling mode, I cared more about clearspeed. Devoto's Devotion is amazing for it. Unfortunately, I accidentally rolled over my discharge damage enchant on an Uber Lab run.
  • Since I've been using Devoto's Devotion, I have 100% mana reserved. I use BM in my 6L. I don't have any MGoH jewels (need too much Int on jewels).
  • On the tree, I took the 0.2 life regen per endu charge. It's nice, it helps in Uber Lab, but it's not as strong as I'd like with only 8 charges and without Kaom's Way. If I decide to farm Uber Atziri or Core, I'll probably respec out of it to either grab a +30 Int node, more life, or grab Amplify (potentially bad for Uber Atziri and Uber Lab).
  • On the tree, I dipped into the Scion life rectangle.
  • On the tree, I routed west from Templar through the jewel socket instead of the endu charge area. This gives +10 int and -10 str.
  • For ascendencies, I took unflinching, unrelenting, undeniable, and unstoppable. Unstoppable is such a huge QoL upgrade that I was willing to give up unyielding for it. This also made it easier to switch to Devoto's Devotion from Alpha's Howl.
  • To cap my cold res, I had to give up accuracy on my ring. I have 92% chance to hit instead of 93%. Socketing a 20/20 additional accuracy gem didn't help a ton, so I gave up worrying about it.

Stats

• 492 str, 311 int, 221 dex
  • 5655 life, 740 es, 874 mana (all reserved)
  • molten strike: 5.62 aps, 92% chance to hit, 3176 accuracy
  • shield charge: 2.75 aps, 92% chance to hit, 3176 accuracy
  • discharge: 13,714 dmg/discharge with 8 endu and 3 power charges (almost no dmg on jewels atm)
  • no flasks: 16,997 armour, 148 es recharge/sec, 15.3 mana regen/sec, 26% spell block, 59% movespeed, 86% fire res, 80% cold res, 85% light res, -18% chaos res
  • all flasks: 34,343 armour, 151% movespeed, 94% fire res, 93% light res

Gear

Gems

• 6l chest: molten strike (20/20), multistrike (21/20), gmp (20/20), fortify (20/20),
  • 3l mjolner: discharge (18/20), fire pen (19/20, discharge (20/20)
  • 3l saffell: cwdt (20/0), blood rage (20/20), chaos golem (18/20)
  • 4l helm: PoL (21/10), PoF (21/0), grace (20/0), enlighten (4)
  • 4l gloves: cwdt (20/20), immortal call (20/0), increased duration (20/20), enfeeble (20/0)
  • 4l boots: shield charge (19/20), BM (20/20), fortify (20/20), faster attacks (20/20)

Future

• Take a 30% Int node: then replace a jewel with MGoH and/or a lot of attack speed.
  • I have a +3 molten strike Devoto waiting on Prophesy for me.
  • Consider conc eff in the 6l instead of BM, once I switch back to Alpha's.
  • Take Amplify: good for clearspeed, might be bad for avoiding the Uber Atziri mirror. Definitely bad for Uber Lab when there are Lieutenants etc.
  • Try unique flasks like Vinktar (damage), Taste of Hate (damage), and/or Divination Distillate (102% fire res, 101% light res). Right now, I'm using legacy surgeon flasks and like being able to have 100% uptime. Divination Distillate seems great for some of the Uber Atziri fights, but it's tricky to manage.
  • For boss fights, I need to rethink some of the helper gem setups. For some fights, I'll need manual IC. I might need manual EC - it certainly helps a lot on fights like Uber Lab with EQ Jugg.
  • not sure if cwdt + enfeeble is worth keeping
  • Consider a surgeon's silver flask of adrenaline instead of a quicksilver. Downside: won't be a legacy surgeon.

2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2016, 9:04:48 PM
Here's the final gear I used after the league merged.

For a lot of hard fights, manual IC and EC were definitely the way to go.

For Uber Atziri, my first attempt was fine until the final fight. I failed with haste (or grace?) because I was trying to kite away from the elemental damage instead of just tanking most of it. My second attempt went fine with PoL + PoF + blasphemy + temp chains + tanking everything but the double flameblast.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Sep 2, 2016, 11:27:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info