Ektel's 100% working Decoy Totem Chieftain - They *hit*, they die!!! Atziri Vaals + Trio down-VIDEOS

**How it works:**

Chieftain totems reflect 8% of their max life as fire damage when hit. So, we skill the decoy totem's life to absurd amounts + we support it with 2x curses; Elemental Weakness + Flammability.

Decoy totem level 19+1 from the staff I'm using + 4 from empower = Level 24. It can go up to 26 with a level 21 decoy totem. CURRENT TOTEM LIFE = 282% INCREASED, you can increase it more with better jewels + 2 more decoy totem levels.

***ITEMS YOU NEED:***

1 x Soul Mantle to scale that totem life!
1 x any staff / or even 3-link item that has a +1 to gems in the item or anything else with +1 to socketed gems.

Links I'm using for Quality of Life = Decoy + Empower Level 4 + Bloodmagic +Faster Casting + Inc Aoe + Totem and minion Ele Resistances.

Basically it will still work fine with just a 2link or a 3link. Empower is not needed :P

***VIDEOS***

More will follow - Tell me what boss you want me to test ;)

[ Arid Lake - 2 x boss, ***+60% fire res***, No life / mana regen / temp chains ]

https://youtu.be/y7Y2IvXVMPE

[ Rare Volcano ]

https://youtu.be/l6K6Vp8QqFQ

What I tested: Dry Peninsula, Arid Lake, Plateau, Atziri !

**Results**: Any enemy that hits will go down. If they are hexproof + they have fire resistance, they won't go down easily :P The faster they hit, the faster they die. You can 1- shot packs if they hit fast ( archers, lions, etc ).

**Boss results** Easy 2x Dry Pen bosses, Easy Plateau boss, Easy Atziri Vaals + 2/3 of the Trio.

Any boss that hits fast will go down easily, especially if it hits FAST!!!

Atzirio Trio = The titty bitch hits very slowly so it's very hard to take her down first or even second. The other 2 bosses die easily :) I had to use searing bond to take her down quickly or it would take forever as there were so many spawns that she barely hit the totem.

Atziri = Impossible to do on just Decoy Totems as in the heal phase her minions ignore your totems and go heal her. If you kill them using other skills, I don't see a prob but overall that fight is clunky due to the mechanics; if the totems don't get hit often, they don't reflect damage :P

**Remember: The totems have to be hit to reflect damage!**

Tested it on my level 94 Chieftain, the link is here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAASzBqAGwwthDF8NHw3NDjwQzBQgFE0UcRYLFm8XjBhWGJEaOBynHM4c3CSqJy8o-itQK7YspzWSNuk6UjrhPCg8LT38QYdFnUrITeNQR1NSU6VYY1jlWfNaK18_ZIRmVGaeZ5toWGhlaHRo8m6qbztyD3Kpdqx4DXhpe7N7w4IHgseDX4PMidiKr4xGjM-PGpARkFWUb5rgnL6iAKPyplemo6yqrY2uPq9sr6e18rc-uJO5fryfwBrAZsMTxPbGBMauxtjPZ89-15bYvdl82mLjauRR6hjr7u8O8B_yQfJF8932SPcy-JP46_m9-ej60vxL_gr-VP6P?accountName=EKTELESTES&characterName=HEY_CHIEF

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 13, 2016, 5:28:51 AM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2016, 4:02:02 PM
Seems too slow to really be practical on its own.

IMO it's an added perk for RF totems, which scale their life up anyways.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Points for creativity :)
- Volcano Boss Video Added. ***

If you roll maps with "monster attack and cast speed" then it's much better, but it is still restricted to monster speed stats :/

Keep in mind in that map, enemies had +60 fire res ;)

- Volcano boss for example dropped in a few seconds since it attacks fast and has many spawns that also attack.

- This build is only restricted by the monster mechanics / AI ; unfortunately many monsters attack / initiate attacks very slowly :)

It actually helped me see there are many AI flaws in the game; I often see enemies just standing next to the totems doing nothing, they have super slow reactions.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
Last edited by EKTELESTES on Aug 13, 2016, 5:28:30 AM
Congrats on making a Potato build. You get points for attempting to use a game mechanic, but damn that clear speed is slower than single target elemental hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info