Aegis Drain / Essence Aurora / Deadeye / Max block

That char, wow, awesome, let's go to the items:

Flasks:

Considerations and basic stats at level 80:

22k dps during 5.3 seconds, ED lvl 21 / Empower level 3. Next 11 levels are all damage nodes.
Damage is a bit low for a lvl 21 gem, but will get a bit higher until 90, anyway, can just sit there and wait the dot kill. This is a "tanky" char.

21.5k armour. 46.5k flasked (btw, have to get a jade of grounding, will try to do after post).

Mana: Not many issues, from time to time have to spam a potion, but i'm used to it because i use anti bleeding on it, so no big deal WITH englighten lvl 3.

Mobility is good, cast is average, spread is normal.

Life / ES: 4634 / 930

Wish the life was higher, but almost nothing bypasses the ES. It is always full without using flask, i don't spam it much. Oh, and there aren't any more life nodes to grab close, all very ineffective(too far) now.

Doing up to tier 10 maps by this time, No matter the mods, no issues.

One and only interesting dangerous/funny thing happened once: one map with sea witches and extra damage almost killed this char, the vortex the pack did cast wasn't blocked, none of them, was the closest to death this char got until now, so vortex is as dangerous(maybe a bug?) as chaos damage.

Got normal and cruel ascendancy. Disconnecting like crazy in merciless lab, izaro is no issue, though, flasked he did +-1200k damage when no blocked, which is nothing, but the game doesn't want me to ascend :P, sucks.

First char that was never killed until lvl 80 btw, not even when i lag out, game freezes or things like it. Pretty insane imo given that i lag a lot and can't log out given my computer being slow.

And that is probably the first time i build aegis right, last times i broke the char before reaching 20k armour / or stopped it because wasn't funny. ED combines very well with it.

Char meta is reach level 91, so will have all the tree planned nodes.

First death will probably be to Maligaro from Core(pretty sure) if i don't lag/freeze in any chaos cloud before.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Aug 12, 2016, 12:59:42 AM
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2016, 10:17:56 PM
Almost there, me, we doing it this time:

Spoiler

Funny thing is remember i almost did last time/league with no deaths. But i died earlier to desync in a friend region while doing normal lab, so 1 death kept with me until 90, so never fell like 90 deathless, this time it will, i hope \o/, through the lags and frames.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Aug 13, 2016, 9:26:18 PM
She did it, last two levels were so fucking boring, did like 1-2 weeks ago, forgot to update, there it goes with the final items:

Spoiler

The print for my later happiness ^^:
Spoiler

Tried another block + ED version in HC and died without being playing (server loaded me, but client didn't).

Personal details of char:
Spoiler

Char was a pretty strong Scion SSF(started it in the ending of 48 hours SSF and kept on it as SSF, death at 77 with 480 life regen 4660 hp / 320 es, enfeeble + artic armour while entering/starting a magic mountain ledge map with no damage mods).

I was using those items when died:

Spoiler

Very lucky with the Consuming dark drop, but it isn't optimal for this build because there's not much initial hit damage, BUT, poison double dipping is still broken atm.

The intention was going gladiator + deadeye, max block against projectiles/spells proj and 50% normal block(keeping titucius, it actually rocks). Really strong, but not lag proof, so you can say it kinda sucks somehow(heh, fucking mean against myself).

Optimal weapons for ED: Breath of the council -> Divinarius -> rare dagger with 70%+ spell + dot crafted -> consuming dark(ATM BIS BECAUSE POISON DOUBLE DIP WITH HIGH INITIAL HIT(+-10K+)) -> other MELEE weapon with spell damage(because fortify is strong/nice to have, so you need shield charge or WB to reliably having it up most of the time - leap slam is clunky sometimes btw, so no).
Defensive option as weapon: Advancing Fortress(of course).

TL;DR : ED with block is absolutely nice to play, you cast slowly, but you block while casting all the shit you have to - contagion, curses, ED, totem. And ED is the most balanced spell i've seen in this game until now(probably because it isn't crit, heh). Give it a shot if you wanna do an ED build, block makes it even better. And play around with the tree, it's worth.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Sep 10, 2016, 6:31:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info