Who Needs Damage? Max Block Aegis Aurora Juggernaut

I decided to wrap up Prophecy League by sinking a lot of currency into something I've always wanted to do - being a megatank. This is a 1-h axe EQ Juggernaut with awful clear speed and what essentially amounts to invulnerability to anything but chaos degens. I wouldn't necessarily recommend this build - I think the sacrifices it makes to be this tanky aren't really worth the damage that it loses, and it's not terribly innovative. That being said, after playing a revolving door of super squishies trying to live up to the clear speed meta, it's a ton of fun to not ever get one shot.

Skills

Chest: Earthquake - Fortify - Melee Physical Damage - Less Duration - Concentrated Effect - Vitality
Helm: Cast When Damage Taken - Flame Golem - Molten Shell - Enduring Cry
Gloves: Ancestral Warchief - Faster Attacks - Melee Physical Damage - Melee Physical Damage on Full Life
Boots: Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Weapon: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Blood Magic
Shield: Reckoning - Curse on Hit - Vulnerability

If I wasn't too lazy, I'd actually six link my chest piece, move Vitality somewhere and slap in Rapid Decay. Smarter men than me swap out Conc Effect for Increased AOE when clearing packs. I've been actually thinking of swapping out Warlord's Mark for Poacher's Mark, but it takes more chromes than I care to try to recolor my Rainbowstrides.

Essential Uniques

Aegis Aurora is our bread and butter.
Pretty much all of our damage, and a great band-aid item to help this build along.
These three, plus a Reckless Defense jewel, will cap our spell block. +1 Curse on the Stone of Lazhwar isn't strictly necessary, but it definitely helps. I'd run Blasphemy - Vulnerability if I didn't have the extra curse, it's way more important than the leech and endurance charge generation is pretty trivial with Enduring Cry.

Other Gear

Simply the highest PDPS 1-h weapon you can find, plus buttloads of armor. I chose axes over maces because of the higher attack speed - it's a nice QOL buff for my Warchief and my Leap Slam, even if it isn't the most efficient for Earthquake. +1 Endurance charge on the belt was a lucky corruption but honestly, increased radius would probably be better. The Kaom's Way is a luxury item too, but I quite like it.

And don't make fun of my crappy helm enchant!

Flasks

Nothing too fancy here, aside from the Rumi's. I've got my Health Now button, my Health For a While button, my Health and Damage and Armor button, and my Go Fast button. I've already got a 53%/50% block chance, so I really only use the Rumi's against bosses or unique Beyond monsters.

The character is also visible on my profile, his name is CrunchyBunchy. If anyone's interested, I'll post some of my pitiful tooltip damage.
Last bumped on Aug 5, 2016, 2:43:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info