A better marketing system!

I cant possibly talk only about myself when i feel very frustrated when trying to sell my items, there is so much spam, causing people to just ignore the chat alltogether, maybe even potential buyers/sellers.

What i suggest is implementing an in-game version of Poe.Trade, where you list your item and the type/amount of orbs you want for it.

Would be similar to Poe.Trade, only in-game, then i could finally try to sell my stuff i mule on 5 characters, even helping someone who might need it vice-versa.

My second favorite game already implemented it years ago when the spam on the trade chat was REAL, like on Poe chat.

"Why not use Poe.Trade them?"

Well, inumerous times my posted items were never listed on the site plus, with an appropriate in-game marketing system, you could actually BUY stuff without even being online, think of how cool that would be.

Here is what they use, an example:
vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/tibia/images/7/79/Winter_2011_Teaser_1_Image_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111117200418&path-prefix=en
(idk if i can post links, so i removed the http://)

Thanks
Last edited by nicolas3232 on Jul 30, 2016, 11:12:00 AM
Last bumped on Jul 30, 2016, 3:23:14 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If you know about poe.trade, why would you even turn on trade chat?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:

Predicted 55 seconds ago:

Well, inumerous times my posted items were never listed on the site plus, with an appropriate in-game marketing system, you could actually BUY stuff without even being online, think of how cool that would be.
Except most people agree that simply making a D3 styled auction house is not what we want. It should not be point and click done with the sale. If there is no effort in selling and buying items, the economy in temp leagues can easily turn to crap (Because I am honest with myself that my standard item's values is pretty unsalvagable. Thanks inflation).

An improved system that does need to be in game only because our entire trading system should not rely on one volunteer needs to at least:

1)Handle AFK and DND sellers much more effectively. Probably remove their online status when they are in those modes.
2)Maybe be able to show the account's recent activity status. No point in holding on to hope if the person hasn't logged in since 1.1.5b
3) (Personal suggestion) Bartering should be heavily encouraged. Fixed prices still allowed but anything that is buyout should be a simple trade/dialogue box that is sent to the seller along the lines of "Item x for buyout y orbs. Offer is z orbs instead or w item instead" with the ability to send a counter offer or what not. But these boxes should be mandatory to take care of on log in so people can't waste others time not answering. When seller's think it is a lowball to them but the buyer is either looking to get a deal or don't really know what to offer, it is annoying when the seller simply ignores it and doesn't respond.

But overall trading should not be instantaneous. I like that GGG decided trading would be a part of the game that is more or less mandatory (I know SSF is possible, done it myself, still don't mind that trading is essential to progress easier in the main game, wouldn't mind SSF events and such though). Trading still needs to become easier and hassle free of afk issues but not so easy that nobody has to put effort into it.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
nicolas3232 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

The rmt guys now love you.
"
nicolas3232 wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:

Did I say that? I was talking about how much worse trade chat is than poe.trade. If you want to post an "idea" to make something better, you compare it to the better thing (poe.trade) and not to the worst thing (trade chat). Tell us how your idea is would improve on what we get from poe.trade. Because frankly you could post a picture of the backside of a donkey and say it's better than trade chat. And you wouldn't be wrong. So check your "prediction" at the door.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 30, 2016, 11:59:52 AM
"
mark1030 wrote:
Did I say that? I was talking about how much worse trade chat is than poe.trade. If you want to post an "idea" to make something better, you compare it to the better thing (poe.trade) and not to the worst thing (trade chat). Tell us how your idea is would improve on what we get from poe.trade. Because frankly you could post a picture of the backside of a donkey and say it's better than trade chat. And you wouldn't be wrong. So check your "prediction" at the door.

Well my friend i just did!
The reason i suggested the idea is to simply shop, wheter the person is on or offline, what happens to poe.trade is that most times people are afk or not online plus, there is no BUYERS list.
No reason to get salty here, just throwing an idea to try to improve this already great game that we all love!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info