[bad player returning] Please help my noob ass stay alive

I don't know if this is the correct thread. Description make it sound as the most fitting for this type of thing.

I haven't played since before the masters and until then i have only played for 325h, which over 50h are me being afk. I have very low budged of 1ex. Can anyone help me assemble physical build? i'm really bad at long distance builds and hit-and-run ones. I have 73lvl Scion as my only character over 50lvl, and i got to 73lvl tanks to Shredder Build by Hiho, but i still am unable to this day to kill Dominus on merciless. I have very bad or just plain bad gear. And afer all this time i'm still unable to tell which loot is a good one, so and i probably have sold pretty good gear over time.
Last bumped on Jul 28, 2016, 2:04:32 PM
For that budget and for getting you past dominus I would suggest just doing a block based facebreaker build. Get some facebreakers, a bringer of rain and a meginord's girdle and that alone should give you enough damage to kill dom easily. Even if you have just the shittiest gear to get your resistances capped it should be fine up to low level maps.

I dunno if there are any facebreaker build guilds for scion other than ancestral warchief. You might want to give that a go, it's pretty easy. Shield charge is worth using as well if you want a more offensive playstyle.
Summoning isn't really good for me, i forgot about those things easily. I like to just mindlessly go in and don't worry about health. I can even spend 30min trying to kill one monster as long as i don't need to worry about dying. Maybe there is better class for me than Scion with build more fitting than facebreaker. I really cannot afford testing build mainly because my only passive points reset option is when there is an update. Literary this:http://www.poepro.net/shredder/ build was best for me, big dmg, impressive hp regen and head on approach. I still have 5 stash tabs full of weapons and 10 tabs with every single gear piece and 3,5 stash full of gems. Maybe there is any pure melee build that could at lest help me not die in merciless on lowest lvl maps? It could be at least something that will guarantee survival to me. Something that will suffice for farming better gear. Because my best spot with Shredder build was that cemetery in the second act on merciless, because i could survive there and didn't need to respawn over and over again.
That build guide was made almost 3 years ago. When you say you have stash tabs full of gear that doesn't mean too much when it's all old gear. If you could link your best weapons here that would help (with reply window open go to your character screen and left click on an item to link it). The game has progressed greatly since then and it could be that you just need to get caught up on what constitutes a good build and upgrade your gear.

I know my standard stash is full of gear that I thought was GG but looking at it now it's just clutter.

Honestly look up facebreaker shield charge builds if you want an in-your-face build. It will cost you almost nothing and I guarantee you will clear dominus and act 4, labyrinth and most maps. It removes the two biggest hurdles in making a good build; not needing a good weapon or a 5-6 link (if BoR).

You can even go full tank and still do decent damage. Get block chance, link fortify to your main attack, replace an aura with blasphemy+enfeeble, get endurance charges, have some life leech. Done.

Also check out earthQuake if you haven't already. An earthQuake juggernaut is about the easiest melee build you can do in terms of having balanced damage and survivability.

Finally if you want something similar to that shredder build but with way more aoe and crit check out reave dagger builds. You can afford a Bino's dagger which makes making a crit build super easy.
Last edited by PigeonSmasher on Jul 28, 2016, 1:38:07 PM
Right now, from what i saw out of all build in the scion section i cannot afford any of them (at least those that would last for longer). For now, all i need is a average build that will allow me to run lowest lvl maps without dying. I will get a feel of the game again and maybe farm some gear for better builds.

EDIT:I still don't know which build to use. Maybe someone knows any older build which was really good, but now is average? I can go for outdated as long as i can start grinding once more. Most of present builds require specific gear and i cannot afford that. Anything that is more focused on gems and skill points will be more fitting for now. I can grind like that and maybe i will have enough currency to reset skills by myself and try those better builds.
Last edited by Magnic on Jul 29, 2016, 2:13:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info