Melee Damage is Physical Damage?

Hi,

I am doing a Oro´s Sacrifice build and wnder if Melee is just physical damage or of Melee is damage hited by an weapon.

Would Oro´s Sacrifice benifite from Melee % damage like in Champion Ascendacy?

Thanks in advance.
Best reagrds,

Jimmy Gabriel
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 5:04:31 AM
Attacks made with Oro's Sacrifice will benefit from +fire, +elemental, +sword, +melee, and +2handed damage nodes.
Depends on the skill used, the rule is that attack damage (meaning damage you do with a weapon) will either be melee or projectile with only Wild Strike being an exception.

Lightning strike
direct hit - melee
bolts - projectile

Static Strike
direct hit - melee
burst - melee

Frost Blades
direct hit - melee (even though it may look like a projectile)
blades - projectile

Wild Strike
direct hit - melee
waves - projectile
explosion - neither
arc - neither

Infernal Blow
direct hit - melee
explode corpse - isn't an attack, doesn't depend on weapon damage at all

Lacerate
melee

Spectral throw
projectile

And so on, the point is you have to know what kind of damage the skill does, if it uses a melee weapon that doesn't mean it does melee damage. Also, if a mod says 'melee physical damage' it means the base must be both melee and physical, so fire damage from Oro won't be scaled, but fire damage that was converted from physical with something like Infernal blow will be scaled.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 27, 2016, 4:10:26 AM
You sure what you saying? When i check the passive tree the +sword and +two ahnded alwasy mention Physical Damage. I dont think that will proc.
Have you tried it yourself?
What i wanted to know is if for example the ascendancy class Champion: https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Champion

With Fortify it got some nice + Meelee % Damage while you have fortify.
I want to know if that bosus will apply With Oro´s Sacrifice that only deals fire damage with Flicker strike and Cyclone.
That's the way it works, when a passive says 'increased physical damage with 2h weapons', that means the damage in question must be physical and must come from using a 2h weapon. Note that those passives do not specify melee or projectile so they're very good for scaling skills like Molten or Wild Strike (if using a physical weapon of course), while 'melee physical damage' passives work with any weapon type but only on melee part so they're good if you plan on using different weapon types but lock you to all melee skills like Cleave or Ground Slam.

"
donFreeStyle wrote:
What i wanted to know is if for example the ascendancy class Champion: https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy/classes/Champion

I want to know if that bosus will apply With Oro´s Sacrifice that only deals fire damage with Flicker strike and Cyclone.

Yes, it will work with those two skills, the bonus doesn't specify the element, just that it has to be melee.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 27, 2016, 4:33:00 AM
"
donFreeStyle wrote:

Melee damage isn't necessarily physical. If it doesn't specify "physical" then it refers to your total melee damage.
Thank you for all replies.
It think it is clear for me now.

Best regards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info