TS-CoCS: Bwam.Bwamnit (lvl 91): Fun, fast, proven. -> Bwam.nppl (lvl 89)

Greetings,

[ Schpiel ]
- So you use Barrage for Single Target (with Cast on Crit, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Fireball, and Arctic Breath).
- For everything else, you use Tornado Shot (with Cast on Crit, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Fireball, Arctic Breath, and Chain.)

Here's the tree.
Ascendancy Class = Deadeye. You want: Endless Munitions and Ricochet. (I elected to get Endless Munitions first, and still have yet to do Izaro 2.0.)

About this build:

You have a good critical strike chance combined with good attack speed. Projectile Damage scales your spells. Piercing Shots is included because it's useful. (New version opting for Chain Support with TS on bwam.nppl.) Acrobatics with Phase Acrobatics keeps you alive and happy. Essenc Sap is taken because of its “+2 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks,” keeping your mana pool full (which I could conceivably get on jewels). along with Spirit Void for mana reasons.

The primary attack with this build is on a 6L (Leveling up with Tabula seems like easy advice to give): Faster Attacks, Cast on Critical Strike, Tornado Shot, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Arctic Breath, and Fireball, and Chain. (The addition of Chain Support is sweet, but can cause *MAJOR* FPS issues. More on that later.)

A helpful gimmick from this build (which could easily be used elsewhere): Frenzy, Greater Multiple Projectiles, Curse on Hit, and Assassin's Mark on a 4L. With Piercing Shots (and a good attack speed), you can easily apply your curse (while simultaneously keeping up Frenzy Charges).

I'd run (above) in addition to Blasphemy Support if I had +additional curses on some equipment, but I don't. So I just use Blasphemy by itself instead, with either Assassin's Mark or Enfeeble.

Now, I run Frenzy with Power Charge on Critical Strike, Greater Multiple Projectiles, and Chain.

I also run Arctic Armor, Herald of Ice, and Herald of Ash. (In retrospect? Ew.) Movement skills include Blink Arrow and Phase Run. Additionally, I run level 5 level 1 Cast when Damage Taken linked with Molten Shell (level 12), Immortal Call (level 6 level 3), and Increased Duration. (I also use Summon Ice Golem.)

Notable Equipment: Devoto's Devotion Nightmare Bascinet. I appreciate the increased attack speed, movement speed, and the chaos resistance, and the physical damage reduction doesn't impact me. The Blood Dance Sharkskin Boots aren't really necessary, but they are nice. (While this remains true, it's an old setup.)

(New hotness:)

Windripper - I looked for the best Attack Speed first, then looked for highest Critical Strike chance. (Quill Rain = sweet, but I'd have to figure out mana -- mana doesn't sustain with this setup if you're using Quill Rain.)

Quiver - Self-made. Advice: Collect all the quivers you can get with good +Life and Increased Critical Strike Chance. I'd also recommend modest crafting on the quivers you collect before corrupting (something I, shamefully, forgot to do with the lucky quiver that gave me the implicit mod I wanted.)

Winds of Change - The max Life roll is a bit low, and there's no Evasion, but... this is great damage for us, and the Knockback is significant (even tho with King of the Hill it's prob not nec, it's definitely good).

[ Schpiel ]
The major thing with this build? With the new version, with Chain Support, it's really, really "freezy." I set texture_quality=5 in my production_Config file, and it definitely improved performance... but, even at this level, my screen regularly freezes during normal play.

Why do I play it? Erm, maybe I'm somewhat stubborn. But the build is really fun, even though the FPS issue is frustrating (you can play around it with practice).

If you have a super-legit gaming rig, I'd definitely recommend this build. Super fun, not expensive at all.

If you've got any questions, feel free to leave a comment & I'll try to get back to ya.

Best,
Bwam

OH!!! And note: Diamond Flasks are brokenly good for us. BROKENLY good. Like, so, so good. You'll basically be able to screenclear at superfast speed, and you're usually refilled before even half of your time for the flask effect has expired.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last edited by bwam on Jul 25, 2016, 4:10:38 PM
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 4:06:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info