Blasphemy + Curse On Hit

I am switching my ShockNova Crit Elementarist Witch to more closely follow this build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1646610

As the build is quite old and no longer maintained, I am asking here.

The build has a curse limit of 2 but utilizes 5 curses, depending on overwriting in the correct order.

Blasphemy - Temporal Chains
Herald of Thunder + Curse On Hit - Conductivity + Elemental Weakness
Herald of Ice + Curse On Hit - Assassin's Mark + Poacher's Mark (I am using Warlord's as I have a Frenzy generating talisman)

So what are the rules of Blasphemy to apply the curse? Once when an enemy enters the aura range? Or is it refreshed on certain conditions?

I actually generate endurance charges & can observe leech life+mana effects, so the curse on hit / HoI eventually triggers - but I am generating little to none power charges.

Ice damage is generated by using Call Of The Brotherhood, 50% of lightning converted to cold damage - should be enough to proc HoI. But not enough to kill monsters in order to proc Assassin's Mark?
Last bumped on Jul 25, 2016, 11:01:57 AM
If an enemy is in range for Blasphemy, then it will always apply its Curse. That's why the build guide is centered around being able to apply three Curses, not two :P
Ok, but then why I do get sometimes power charges? What is the overwrite logic of HoT vs HoI? Level of gems, ordering in the links?
He explains his reasoning in the build guide. You get power charges sometimes because enemies die while being cursed with Assassin's Mark sometimes.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
ShadowMagnet wrote:
What is the overwrite logic of HoT vs HoI?

Whichever was applied most recently, and applied in Gem order:
1 - 2
4 - 3
5 - 6

Because TC is taking up the first Curse slot, whichever the second Curse is on your Heralds is taking effect. If you have a max of three Curses, then one set of Herald Curses plus TC can apply.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 25, 2016, 11:02:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info