[2.3] Poison vacuum cleaner bloccultist

Introduction:

If the name was confusing, this is a maxblock poison sunder occultist build with reverse knockback, which uses the occultist's chaos related passives to scale the poison even further.
The version I am playing relies on reflect dmg to recover it's life pool.

Pros:
- Insane pack clearing speed
- Quite tanky
- Most parts of the gear costs less than a chaos, so ideal for vaalaholics like me
- Unlike aegis builds, this can use blood rage
- OP on beyound maps, when you want to kill stuff close to each other

Cons:
- Single target can be slow
- Build starts at around 3 exalts
- Have to level with spells till it reaches ~ level 60 and it starts to bloom after level 70
- Not advised for new players
- May require you to have a wide stat range
- SC only, because of low life pool (~ 4500 at level 90)
- Can generate a lot of lagg

Mechanics of the reflect recovery:

Spoiler

Basically theese are the items, that keep me alive, each time you block with the temu, you reflect an average of 600 dmg to the attacker, when you just take a normal hit then 125, however this can be scaled up by things that make enemies take more damage (vulnerability, shock).

Since this is an occultist, if they are cursed they also take 10% increased damage.
A 20/20 vulnerability makes them take 39% more phys damage.

So using the average reflected phys dmg on block we get ~950 total phys dmg that our enemies take and we recover 30% of this, so that is roughly 300 life gained on each block.

Current tree (level 80)

Planned tree (level 90)

The shield and the high level curses require a lot of dexterity and intelligence, also respectable amount of resistances, since there is no other way to get them.

Bandits:
Oak in normal
kill all in cruel
kill all in merciless

Ascendancy nodes:
Profane bloom - Malediction
Then take Void Beacon
If you are planning to transfer to an aegis build, you can also grab Wicked Ward for the über lab
Spoiler

Because of profane bloom, we have a free, automated corpse explosion effect against cursed enemies, which amplifies the pack clear speed even further.

Malediction allows us to get an extra curse for free, while also grants us extra chaos damage to increase our poison's damage.

Void beacon scales our poison's damage even further.

Gearing in general:

Spoiler
As I mentioned earlier we need:

and then
x2 to reach 90% block chance applied to spells.
Corruption not required, but the base item is cheap and a +1 curse lazwhar costs only like 2 exalts in prophecy at the moment.

For the reverse knockpack, corruption not required for casuals, but if I had to choose I would get temporal chains on it, as I only care about the damage over time duration we get from it.

For free poison and bleed.

Rest must be rare with really high resistances and life on them.

For weapon I suggest to use this thing

Allows us to reserve most of our mana and also we don't have to care about leech at all, while has a decent attack speed, which helps with the vacuum.

Can use the new unique mace

Of course having the correct weapon cluster in this case would be the marauder mace wheel, however this weapon looks to be more suited to be used with earthquake.

Optional second ring for soul taker setups, if you want to run an expensive aura next to 2 blapshemy.

Other options for the 2nd ring slot is any rare ring with life /res/phys/wed or the +1 curse ring.

Flasks:
Spoiler

Theese 2 are pretty much must to have on any kind of melee build.

Not required, but puts us just at 75/75 block, which is nice, try to get one with max spellblock, the normal part is not important.

You might also need a bleed flask and something against freeze.

Curses:
Spoiler

Enfeeble, we have to reduce the crit multiplier of our enemies, since reckless defense wants to kill us, safety option is the Indomitable node from the tree, which is highly recommended if you don't want to reroll maps with inc crit chance and multiplier.

Vulnerability need it to scale the reflect damage and also helps with out damage output in general

If you manage to get a third curse slot, then use temporal chains, as it will increase the duration of our damage over time effects, mainly helps with the single target damage.

You can either choose to run 3 curse on mana or to get a corruption on the gloves, as this is the easiest and most reliable way to get them on the targets autmatically without extra hassle

Gem setups:
Spoiler

I am a bit lazy, so I'll just link my gear again.

Faster attacks is a must to have, as we don't have much from the tree.

Multistrike is a quality of life thing for pack clearing, as it aims automatically, makes the vacuum effect even faster. If the auto aim annoys you, just use weapon elemental damage, there is not much different in the end.

Added fire and melee phys is also a self explanatory thing to have, but if you want to use fortify in the setup, then take out added fire and use it there.

The last link is a luxury, so a 5link is fine enough.

Increased area: we lack scaling for it from the tree, but sunder requires it a lot... for single target you can put added chaos into this link.

Leap slam + faster attacks + fortify, for those who are nto lazy to reflesh it this way.

Blood rage + increased duration (can use tempest shield if you want, but not needed to cap block, the ice crash is just being leveled in my link)

All the 3 counter skills with life gain on hit, just as an extra layer of defense.

If things go right I'll make a previev video on a map soon.

Videos:
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 29, 2016, 9:00:09 PM
Last bumped on Feb 14, 2017, 6:44:22 AM
Ok, ok, but reflect on that shield is from 1 to 1000 randomly so it will not always heal u for max amout, lets say that u reflect 300 or 1 so the healing from this is kinda low.

But idk maybe it will work good, upload some videos if u can , ty.
"
hajmon wrote:
Ok, ok, but reflect on that shield is from 1 to 1000 randomly so it will not always heal u for max amout, lets say that u reflect 300 or 1 so the healing from this is kinda low.

But idk maybe it will work good, upload some videos if u can , ty.

Made a video on merciless docks without using any curse, even removed the counter skills and my chestpiece (so I was not capped), also it was with less than 50% spellblock without flask effect.

The original aegis build's survivability was also first displayed in docks if I recall right, so this should be a good enough proof of it working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3eOsXBuZf4

The map clearing will come later today, have to clear my hard drive, since I don't have much space on it at the moment for a longer video.

Will maybe include a bit of commentary, but the sound is somewhy always out of sync in my videos.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 25, 2016, 4:49:56 AM
Bump.

Added a gorge clear to the videos, felt super awkward so I did not do the commentary.
Last edited by krenderke on Jul 25, 2016, 7:40:01 AM
Bump.

Added a Tzteosh kill, tried to spawn a few bosses on a map, but pretty much got him 5 times, so not much variety for now.
windows 98?
"
QuietSea wrote:
windows 98?

Yes, I'm playing poe on a Pentium 2.

Actually I just like the classic theme the most, using the new one feels like I'm in some sort of science fiction movie.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info