[retracted]

This is making my build very ineffective at the moment...

Every time I switch out Reave for Lacerate (trying out this new Melee Skill), my Poisons and Bleeds stop applying to enemies, yet when I re-equip Reave again (or any other Melee Skill, I should say), my Poison and Bleeds start applying to enemies again constantly (not just every once in a while).

However, the below stated was reiterated in the Skill Gem Feedback section that is still prevalent:

The fact Lacerate (you know, being 'lacerations' that cause bleeding) does not even so much have a % chance to Bleed enemies (that scales with the Gem's level) makes this Skill Gem very lackluster.

Not only that, Lacerate, when supported by Multistrike, keeps you in the animation longer than any other Melee Skill supported by Multistrike. Every other Melee Skill can perform a whole animation in roughly 0.2 seconds when supported by Multistrike while Lacerate feels like 0.5 seconds to a whole 1 second.

The most annoying thing about Lacerate above all?
Lacerate attacks everywhere, jumping from one pack to another, just like zakariusqc said on Page 3. That then causes a scenario where if there are other enemies surrounding a particular small group of enemies or a boss you are focused on, you are inadvertently dealing less damage to your main target(s) as a result of that!

Conclusively. this is one of the most poorly implemented new Skill Gems that falls very short (other than its awesome animation) I have seen in a long time. How can you make one aspect of Lacerate awesome being its animation, and the rest of it not even so much just a cut below awesome?

Please fix improve this Skill Gem. Thank you.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 24, 2016, 7:54:21 PM
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2016, 7:44:49 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Raye wrote:
Is it your Sephiroth char?
Forgive, but I can't see what would make you cause bleeds in the first place? You don't have the ascendancy, and nothing else either to cause bleeds with neither Reave nor Lacerate.
And without bleeds, DT won't work very well either.
Your weapons let you maim enemies, which of course is not bleed. But, maybe I'm missing something?

Isn't the reason lacerate locks you at your spot longer than other skills that it has 30% less attack speed? I haven't tried it myself, but that's what the wiki says.

Also, it was meant to be a starter skill for low level chars, GGG has many times said not all skills are meant for endgame.

So, most of this post seems to just be general skill gem feedback, which belongs in another subforum than bug reports.

Thank you for the feedback.

Yup, my bad. A slight of oversight when I started speccing into the 'Dirty Techniques' node circle. I thought one of the nodes I specced into had at least 25% chance to cause Bleed along with the 25% chance to cause Poison on bleeding enemies, but that is not the case *facepalm* Then again, I did pull an all-nighter last night until 9:30 in the moring when I composed my OP, so that didn't help, obviously, lol.

That being said, I know the rest of my OP was generally Skill Gem feedback (I say was because I am going to retract the entire thing by crossing it out), but because I thought a bug was actually present at the time, I thought why not to add additional information regarding problems I do not like with Lacerate, which by the way, I did post those things in the Skill Gem Feedback section : )
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Jul 24, 2016, 7:50:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info