Need help with a weird build idea

Alright, this one is a little bit (read EXTREMELY) crazy and somewhat (read: likely VERY) stupid.
I want to make a build that uses a lot of vaal skills. So much so that it's going to have maybe 1 normal aura, 1 golem and 1 skill to get souls to start with, the rest being vaal skills.
Now the thing is:
I don't know which class I should be taking and what weapons I should use. One idea was to use touch of anguish and make a claw-using caster maybe. Another option would be to use a raider together with the "allure" unique claw.
Which vaal aura should I use? Should I gor for more then one?
Also I need a skill tree with at least two, better 3 and maybe even four jewel slots.
I think either witch, shadow or ranger would be the best options, since int and dex have some of the best vaal skills, but I'm not sure. I'm still far too inexperienced to make the right choice here.
Here are the core items that I want to use no matter what though:

I hope someone can help me figuring something out. Thanks in advance!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2016, 5:37:36 AM
Before really digesting your post, my immediate thoughts are: "You need a lot of skill duration".

After thinking, things like Chill of Corruption, Fevered Mind, and especially Sacrificial Harvest come to mind. Really, a lot, very much, especially Sacrificial Harvest since there is no limit. You can easily stack two or three of those to pretty much double your "harvest" rate.

Also, you'll likely want to use Trap + Multiple Traps + Cluster Traps just to maximize the use from each Vaal skill. For instance, if you use Vaal Storm Call, you'll get six total Vaal Storm Call beacons, assuming all six fire off. In this case, Saboteur is likely your best option, as one of his ascendancies guarantees that all other traps go off when a trap goes off.

If you go the mine route, you'll have to use Mine + Minefield, which gives you a total of three uses, but you can decide when they go off.

Regardless, the Clever Construction notable is a MUST, just to guarantee your traps/mines aren't lost by stray damage.

As you can see, your best bet is spells, so the northern-northeastern part of the tree is likely the best area to be. If you don't use the mine or trap supports, Spell Echo is an absolute MUST.

As for which specific Vaal skills might be best, I'd order them like this:

Storm Call, RF (only if you have Vaal Pact), Flameblast. This is "tier 1", since they require the least amount of souls and thereby should be the easiest to maintain.

Ice Nova, Arc, Spark, then either Cold Snap or Fireball, unsure as I'm not certain how Vaal Fireball works. This is "tier 2", since they require more souls.

On a side note, I'm unsure if having two or more of one type of Vaal skill allows multiple uses to be stored. I'd very much like to know.
It's not really practical to run more than about 2 vaal skills due to the amount of souls you need for each skill. If you must use both duration and crit chance, then vaal spark or vaal storm call are going to be the best fits.

Fitting in Chill of Corruption will require you to have a herald and/or a cold damage (to spells) mode on your weapon/links. This jewel is the most efficient way to get more souls in crit. Elementalist conflux does NOT freeze automatically for you, so an assassin optimises crit chances.

= = =
Claws aren't very synergistic with your combinations of items because the main Vaal skiill (Reave) doesn't have a duration tag, and you'll be restricted to Reave to keep the effect. You can always plug in both Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste, though, and take use of duration that way.
However, this probably works best for Allure.

One possible end game tree would look like this.

If you choose a life gain on hit claw, it's also possible to Drop Vaal Reave and take on Frost Blades.

= = =
Even so, it could be easier to use an assassin to guarantee that your vaal skills have maxed chance to crit, with more flexible rare weapons. A stanard crit caster tree can still get you 4~5 jewel sockets.
Thanks for the help, guys! I'll keep your suggestions and warnings in mind when building the char!
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info