Questions about Chaos Inoculation

I have seen videos of people using C1 builds and they are strong builds. I have seen some guides on C1 some that are similar to life builds. One ranging from needed special uniques to make them work. To those that can function just fine with rares. The majority that I have seen say that you need some orbs of regret to spec out of life nodes in order to make the switch to C1.

1. What is the average amount of orbs of regret that is needed to switch to CI?
2. Are there any CI builds that don't need to use any orbs of regret at all? They only need the passive refund points that the game gives you.
3. Are there any beginner friendly CI builds?
4. How do I find the beginner friendly CI guides if they do exist?

The reason I didn't post this in any class forums is because I know that at least four classes can use CI without having to spend a ton of points getting it. They are as follows; Templar, Witch, Shadow and Scion. The other three are too far away IMO to be able to use CI. They along with the Scion would be better using Blood Magic passive. I did include Scion as one that could use either because she sits in the middle of the tree.
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2016, 1:11:02 AM
I'm pretty anal when it comes to spending refund points. I haven't played too many CI builds but have played a few. I haven't respec'd when I've gone CI. But I do have to regear some if I was leveling as a life build.

Edit: my main suggestion about CI builds is to get stun immunity. Eye of Chayula or Unwavering Stance node is how I usually do it. I've died to stunlock too many times to not get immunity. Stun (and freeze) duration is based on your life calculated by what it would be if you weren't limited to 1. Since you will not have life nodes or life on gear, you will be very vulnerable to getting stunned and frozen. You can use a freeze immune flask but there is no stun immune flask. In my experience, stun recovery isn't good enough when you get hit lots of times in a row like from the tentacle miscreations. There are some items that give freeze immunity too. Dream Fragments used to be my favorite ring for CI builds.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jul 22, 2016, 1:16:45 PM
Consider changing your definition of "class"... it doesn't really apply correctly to PoE.
Everyone will have different answers to this but here goes my take:

1. It really depends on the build, if you plan it right you can minimize the number but, I would say between quest respec. points and regrets 30-50 would cover most all cases. Ive seen extreme builds that respec. the whole tree but I doubt you will ever play something like that.

2.Yes, no build requires them. People choose to do this due to the fact CI is generally speaking very weak at lower levels due to the amount of shield needed to replace the amount of life, which is much easier to attain. This may have changed but, the old rule of thumb was that you shouldnt switch to CI until 3,000+ energy shield and this isnt usually attainable until late cruel at the earliest. Most people hog up life nodes instead of ES nodes so that leveling is easy. When they get enough passive points to move their tree to ES nodes from life and achieve 3k+ they make the switch. You can build your character skipping life nodes and focusing on ES nodes from the start. You will be squishy for awhile and I dont really recommend it but, that is how you can build and minimized the regrets needed.

3. Not that im aware of, reason being things like the details above, it takes some above average knowledge of the game to build a ES based character that is survivable, generally better planning, better gear, and good familiarity of the passive tree. ES and CI become very powerful when you achieve a certain level of gear and passives but it takes a solid plan and knowledge to get a character to the point this is a reality.

4. see note #3 - the best you will do is find a CI build that you like and study how it works. A well written guide is the only thing that will make it easy. Look for one that covers the progression of leveling and switching points etc. to make sure you are prepared for the characters progression
IGN: Fourist
Last edited by Fourist on Jul 22, 2016, 1:21:28 PM
"
DoomCarpace wrote:
2. Are there any CI builds that don't need to use any orbs of regret at all? They only need the passive refund points that the game gives you.

On softcore, you can get away with grabbing CI much earlier than on Hardcore. As long as you don't care if you die while you are learning how it works. But actually I think it's best to do it this way, since you learn as you go instead of getting to level 70 or 80 then suddenly switching and realising you have no idea how to play CI.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info