Questions about a build I thought about.

Not sure where to put this post, but this seemed like the best category.

I have atm a lvl 74 cyclone user on standard hc. That is my record atm. Im a semi noob.

So when the new league comes I want to create a new build.

I tought about arc trapper, firetrap saboteur critter. The idea is to shock everyone while they are in the firetrap for great dmg and then use bear trap for singletarget dmg.

Does it make sense to have a build with
-chain reaction

-5 link arc,trap support, cluster trap, elemental profileration, and either lighning pen, trap and mine dmg support or consentrated destuction. Not sure which one. Need help here

-fire trap with increased aoe and some dmg supps not sure which ones. Need help here

-and bear trap trap with some dmg gems

-crit

What weapon should I use (I will be getting crit)

and what uniques could work well?

Ofc there are a lot of things Im not sure of yet with this build.

But can someone answer my questions about the gem choices, and tell me if this is build idea is viable for hc with no starting currency.

Also how to lvl trough normal difficulty fast.

Also some tips for making this build work would be nice.

And also If there are some community leagues etc which last over 2 months where I could play a new build, be sure to let me know if I can join.

Thanks for the people who care to respond.

Also if someone can improve my early draft of my skill treeI would be extremely thankful

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAZ3Bx4I9A18DkgPqxEvEZYWvxmKGo8byB7wH1si9CSLJpUo-ioLKwo1kjY9OuFBh0V8SVFJsU3jUEJTMVM1VUtXyV3yYeJiT2KsZKpnTmo2akNsC2yMbRlvd3BRcFJ2b36wgseJ04w2j_qTJ5Uul5ebhp2qple0DLQ4tMW3Prd1vOq-isBUwzrJBsrT18_YVNi92-fjhOUZ6rrsGO4V74jw1fJF9tr5N_no-wn79f4K_o8=

after this crit

I might go mom and eldrich if it makes sense.

Last edited by boodydoi on Jul 21, 2016, 5:45:40 PM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 5:17:48 PM
"
boodydoi wrote:
-5 link arc,trap support, cluster trap, elemental profileration, and either lighning pen, trap and mine dmg support or consentrated destuction. Not sure which one. Need help here
Lightning penetration

"
fire trap with increased aoe and some dmg supps not sure which ones. Need help here
I recommend Elemental Focus, since the bruning damage still happens from the ground regardless. Concentrated effect might also be good.
(Controlled destruction won't help the burning damage from the ground.)

"

A wand or dagger with high spell damage and crit chance for spells. You don't really need flat added damage or cast speed.

"

Generic survivability ones. Deerstalker or Fencoil might be good to buy early on to get you up-and-running.

"
But can someone answer my questions about the gem choices, and tell me if this is build idea is viable for hc with no starting currency.

Sure. The hardest thing about starting as a shadow in HC is there aren't many life nodes around.

"

For your first character, hope to find a chaos orb then buy a twink unique.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jul 21, 2016, 4:59:31 PM
"
"
boodydoi wrote:
Lightning penetration

"
fire trap with increased aoe and some dmg supps not sure which ones. Need help here
I recommend Elemental Focus, since the bruning damage still happens from the ground regardless. Concentrated effect might also be good.
(Controlled destruction won't help the burning damage from the ground.)

"

A wand or dagger with high spell damage and crit chance for spells. You don't really need flat added damage or cast speed.

"

Generic survivability ones. Deerstalker or Fencoil might be good to buy early on to get you up-and-running.

"

Sure. The hardest thing about starting as a shadow in HC is there aren't many life nodes around.

"

For your first character, hope to find a chaos orb then buy a twink unique.

Thanks a lot for the very informative response. Cheers.
If you or someone else can take a look into my skill tree I would be extremely thankful.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAZ3Bx4I9A18DkgPqxEvEZYWvxmKGo8byB7wH1si9CSLJpUo-ioLKwo1kjY9OuFBh0V8SVFJsU3jUEJTMVM1VUtXyV3yYeJiT2KsZKpnTmo2akNsC2yMbRlvd3BRcFJ2b36wgseJ04w2j_qTJ5Uul5ebhp2qple0DLQ4tMW3Prd1vOq-isBUwzrJBsrT18_YVNi92-fjhOUZ6rrsGO4V74jw1fJF9tr5N_no-wn79f4K_o8=

after this point I will go for crit or mb earlier.

I might go mom and eldrich if it makes sense.
Last edited by boodydoi on Jul 21, 2016, 5:44:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info