Stronbox Prophecy Question

Does this prophecy only go off on very very specific maps/tilesets?

I've ran 10 tier 9+ maps with it on and it's not going off at all.

I've done this prophecy earlier on in the league but it was in a shit low tier map and an awful tileset for it.

Are their hidden restrictions for this prophecy/other prophecies the player just isn't going to be informed of?

And don't bother posting if all you are going to say is "bad rng" or the equivalent of that. Just spare me, I'm asking if this prophecy only goes off for certain tilesets, I'm not really complaining at all, I'm just asking because if it only goes off with certain tilesets, then I'm just going to seal it and sell it if it's going to be picky and specific.

Edit: It's the prophecy where all the map enemies are in strong boxes by the way.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
Last edited by darticus on Jul 19, 2016, 8:56:19 AM
Last bumped on Jul 21, 2016, 8:08:05 PM
Sort of. Zone-affecting prophecies are random in terms of which zones they affect, but if they don't trigger the first time you enter a zone, they are never going to trigger in that zone. I'm not sure whether they have a list of zones they can trigger in that's generated when you seek the prophecy or some other method is used, but regardless, you do need to keep trying different maps until you find one where it triggers.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jul 19, 2016, 6:00:08 PM
"
viperesque wrote:
Sort of. Zone-affecting prophecies are random in terms of which zones they affect, but if they don't trigger the first time you enter a zone, they are never going to trigger in that zone. I'm not sure whether they have a list of zones they can trigger in that's generated when you seek the prophecy or some other method is used, but regardless, you do need to keep trying different maps until you find one where it triggers.

What an awful, dumb way to handle prophecies. Jesus.
GGG gives me Diablo 2 Teleport? I give them 50 bucks. No questions asked.
"
darticus wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

jesus didn't create these prophecies.

they were created by developers who didn't want to make it too easy to beat these challenges, they try to make you play the game for longer.

how dare they!!!!
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The list of 'trigger zones' is decided as soon as you get the prophecy. You can also seal and re-get the prophecy to reset the pool of valid zones.

~Myth
"
Mythkiller wrote:
The list of 'trigger zones' is decided as soon as you get the prophecy. You can also seal and re-get the prophecy to reset the pool of valid zones.

~Myth

Wait, does that mean you can also seal and re-get something like, say, the warbands prophecy chain until your chain affects the faction you want? Because I keep getting fucking brinerots for that chain. I want a chance at the actually valuable warbands uniques! I assumed that a prophecy had implicit properties attached to it that included zone area, but I know that sealing a prophecy chain causes your prophecy chain data to reset (for that specific chain), so I can imagine that being a decent way to re-roll which faction you get for this chain....
Last edited by codetaku on Jul 20, 2016, 9:15:00 AM
"
Wait, does that mean you can also seal and re-get something like, say, the warbands prophecy chain until your chain affects the faction you want? Because I keep getting fucking brinerots for that chain. I want a chance at the actually valuable warbands uniques! I assumed that a prophecy had implicit properties attached to it that included zone area, but I know that sealing a prophecy chain causes your prophecy chain data to reset (for that specific chain), so I can imagine that being a decent way to re-roll which faction you get for this chain....

For warbands, it looks like once you get Warbands 1, the game has decided the faction you'll be facing for the chain. If you then seal and re-seal 2, 3 or warbands 4, it makes no difference. The faction has been chosen by Warbands 1. If you seal warbands 1 and then reapply it, it should change the faction. However, Once you get warbands 1, don't you only find out the faction once the prophecy has triggered in a zone (therefore too late to seal it)? (Stopped playing a while ago so can't remember)

~Myth
"
darticus wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

It's GGG, why would u expect anything less then some form of fail :)

prophecies should've just had a % to trigger on next map, that's all.
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Last edited by _Zerk_ on Jul 21, 2016, 1:38:07 PM
"

It's GGG, why would u expect anything less then some form of fail :)

prophecies should've just had a % to trigger on next map, that's all.

One man's fail is another man's brilliant game design! I like the idea itself but I don't like the fact that it's not clear that that's how it works, because some prophecies do work with instance resetting (more specifically the unique drop ones)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info