Pastels Loot Filter

The Pastels Loot Filter was designed as a colorful alternative to the many other loot filters available. The ultimate goal of the filter was to make the colors and sounds pleasing to see and hear, so many of the ugly default black text boxes have been replaced by solid colors. The filter is highly selective in what it shows, meaning that a lot of junk items are filtered out, however the items that remain generally have bright colors corresponding to their value. The filter includes a tiered-color system for Divination cards, Currency, Uniques and Maps. For each of these, the color pattern remains similar across all items of a specific type but the text becomes brighter and more visible as the value increases. For all of the color schemes, the new appearance is based off of the original color of the item text, so while some colors may be flashy you won't be seeing green currency or blue uniques. Rare items are also heavily filtered, with only specific bases being visible. These bases are very easily customizable and directions are included in the .filter file to set your own preferences.

The filter is also designed to make levelling easy. At low item levels there is little filtration, but as the item level increases the filter becomes more selective. This means that you won't miss useful levelling items when you need them, but only the items you want will be displayed when you get to higher levels and mapping.

Chancing and recipe items are also taken into account. All chance-able items have a slight purple hue and it is very easy to set which bases are displayed by default. All chance-able bases will be displayed when holding alt. The usual suite of recipe items are also highlighted, including chrom, jeweler, chisel, bauble, GCP and armourer's scrap recipe items.

Finally, the filter uses a sound scheme that, much like the colors, is designed to be noticable but not intrusive. Unlike many other filters sounds are not constantly playing, and the more dramatic sounds are reserved for valuable items that the user will definitely want to pick up.

Here is a screenshot of a spread of some valuable items: (Keep in mind the screen will almost never be this cluttered in practice)

And here is a link to Dropbox, where you can download the latest version (2.3) of the filter:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jufgfl0nyt1l04n/Pastels2.3.filter?dl=0
Last edited by _Bana_ on Jul 17, 2016, 6:29:04 AM
Last bumped on Sep 10, 2016, 3:19:19 PM
You should move your fishing rod block to the top; as you have it now, there's a very good chance that one could get hidden, because these blocks are directly above it:
"

Hide
Rarity Rare
SetFontSize 32
SetBackgroundColor 255 255 102 175
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
SetTextColor 0 0 0

################
#General Magics#
################
Show
#Hide
Rarity Magic
ItemLevel < 25
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBackgroundColor 153 153 205
SetFontSize 30
SetBorderColor 0 0 0

#Show
Hide
Rarity Magic
SetTextColor 0 0 0
SetBackgroundColor 153 153 205
SetFontSize 30
SetBorderColor 0 0 0
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
You should move your fishing rod block to the top

Done! Should have done this before, thanks for catching it!
I certainly like this colours. I will give it a try :P

Edit.
FFS WHY DROPBOX?! WHY OP?! I won't register here just to download something once.
"
SunL4D2 wrote:

Edit.
FFS WHY DROPBOX?! WHY OP?! I won't register here just to download something once.

Top right, click "Download." At the bottom of the popup that pops up, click "No thanks, continue to download."
Last edited by Jennik on Jul 27, 2016, 5:22:10 PM
That works
I hope it will be updated to 2.4 soon...I kinda get used to this filter colors :)
i hope gets 2.4 update i loved Pastel's filter. its so simple and nice colors

Thanks!
BUMP...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info