Is "The Flayed Man" prophecy bugged?

The prophecy says:

"You will encounter a powerful Gut Flayer in a map who will drop a unique item when slain."

Gut flayer are those red guys from Act4 with an extension arm that puncture you. I've killed several of these rares in various maps, but the prophecy is not triggered.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last bumped on Jul 5, 2016, 3:30:53 PM
I've seen multiple reports on Reddit of people running Malf/Phantasma with Nemesis Mod and not triggering it. Insta-seal.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
It isn't bugged but for some reason is incredibly difficult to complete. Took me like 25+ kills of gut flayers in maps to get the drop.

Wind and Thunder is the same way. Almost 3 weeks mapping and no completion, I sealed it.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
Ok, so it just behaves differently than the majority of other prophecies which reward unique items? Usually you get the drop on the first specific rare you kill. But for higher tier items (Bino's, Windripper..) it adds another RNG layer to it?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
Ok, so it just behaves differently than the majority of other prophecies which reward unique items? Usually you get the drop on the first specific rare you kill. But for higher tier items (Bino's, Windripper..) it adds another RNG layer to it?
Seems to be. I know the wind ripper one is able to be completed because a guild member got it last night. I ran tons and tons of temple maps and arcades and had plenty of galvanic ribbons over the weeks but never got the kill to complete. My guildie did it in a temple map last night.

If you are really wanting a bino's I'd say keep going but if you are just wanting it off your bar you might as well seal it. You could also just leave it there and if it happens it happens.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I'll keep it active for a while. But going after it by rolling specific maps? Meh, what's the point, I could buy a Bino right now for 5c ... :/
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info