Non-Abyssus Option for Melee Physical Builds?

Abyssus is a great item, but it does obviously have a serious downside. I'm wondering if there are any viable non-Abyssus options for melee physical builds to get their flat physical damage increased.

The character I'm trying to improve is a Berserker currently using a 5L Marohi w/Earthquake and Kaom's Heart. My original idea for the build was to not depend on Immortal Call to deal with physical, because I wanted to have max endurance charges, and not being a Juggernaut, it's difficult to gain back endurance charges during boss fights after they are consumed with IC.

I'd be okay if there was another way to generate the endurance charges, or maybe I shouldn't be going max endurance charges - maybe I should just have 3 and rely on IC like every other build...

Any suggestions? I believe my character profile is public. Character name: BulldozeDatTF: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/natefactor07/characters

Thanks in advance!
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2016, 7:38:50 AM
Slow 2handers don't scale well with flat physical damage. You don't need that so much. Bringer of Rain is a more defensive alternative but you obviously can't use that with Kaom's. Scale your attack speed, get an EQ helmet enchant on Devoto's or just a regular Burgonet, and try to get high STR on your stuff, that also helps a bit. Get a Voidheart ring for poison and bleed. Also WED is useful, if you're using conversion.

I personally don't like to rely on IC on a melee armor character and just keep charges up all the time instead (except Juggernaut ofc). But that's more of a personal decision. You could also use a Doedre flask to get charges back quicker and proc your mega leech from Ascendancy with your current low chaos resist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info