So umm, i have a new job of writing reviews, heres one for PoE

http://www.atebit.net/articles/path-of-exile-review

Some of it may be wrong, but it was all based off my 6k hours of experience, the wrong moments were probably the story, only coz i didnt pay attention xD

Much love!
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2016, 10:09:27 AM
A slight stylistic gripe, remove all 'very' and 'literally' from the text and it will be greatly improved.

Also, long sentences like this

'There are 7 classes which you can choose from, each class has its own starting point in its shared skill tree, the amount of flexibility you have with the skill tree is ridiculous, you have so much freedom and flexibility that you can mix and match completely opposite classes to create new hybrids.'

are better divided in smaller ones. Also, generally aim to remove all unnecessary words which don't give additional information.

Example:

There are 7 classes you can choose from, each having its own starting point in the skill tree. You have tremendous build flexibility and it is possible to mix radically different classes to create new hybrids.

This passage conveys the exact same information but is more compact, cleaner and easier to read and process. The average internet reader's attention span is fleeting and fragile, you need to compress information and fight to keep them interested.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 2, 2016, 8:48:40 AM
"
Bars wrote:
A slight stylistic gripe, remove all 'very' and 'literally' from the text and it will be greatly improved.

Also, long sentences like this

'There are 7 classes which you can choose from, each class has its own starting point in its shared skill tree, the amount of flexibility you have with the skill tree is ridiculous, you have so much freedom and flexibility that you can mix and match completely opposite classes to create new hybrids.'

are better divided in smaller ones. Also, generally aim to remove all unnecessary words which don't give additional information.

Example:

There are 7 classes you can choose from, each having its own starting point in the skill tree. You have tremendous build flexibility and it is possible to mix radically different classes to create new hybrids.

This passage conveys the exact same information but is more compact, cleaner and easier to read and process. The average internet reader's attention span is fleeting and fragile, you need to compress information and fight to keep them interested.

cheers for the tips :) its like, only my 6th article so, im still a rookie :P
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info