(2.3) Belton's CI Cospri's Tri Curse Blade Vortex Poison Assassin. WIP

Build Concept

Use Cospri's with Heretic's to tri-curse to have permanent poison on hit taking advantage of the assassin's beneficial poison and crit modifiers, while double dipping numerous more multipliers through curses, jewels, and gems.

Including: 100% crit. Power charge generation. Poison on hit. 30% increased skill duration against maimed enemies. 20% of phys added as chaos against bleeding enemies. 100% MORE poison damage on crit. 33% more DoT from Vuln. 40% more phys damage from Vuln. 20% more multi from assassin's mark. 40% more DoT duration from Temp Chains. 60% more damage from Conc effect. 44% more spell damage from Controlled Destro. 150+% increased duration on BV/Poisons. 50% more from Shock. Double dipping Area/damage % modifiers on jewels.

e.g. Initial hit encounters more multiplier from Vulnerability x1.4, shock x1.5, Crit Multiplier x (whatever your multi is) x Assassins mark x1.2. 10% of phys and chaos damage dealt as poison. Poison duration is increased by duration modifiers. Further increased by Temp Chains. Poison Damage is multiplied by all increased chaos, DoT, Damage %, area %, poison %. Poison Damage is doubled (assassin). Conc more multiplier x 1.6, Vulnerability More multiplier x 1.33

My Gear

Spoiler

Gear Requirements

Spoiler

It is mandatory to have Curse on hit on your gloves. These do not need to be maligaro's. Either Vuln on hit or Temp Chains are fine, although Vuln is better.

Tree

Leveling

Spoiler
Bandits: Point (or 10% all res, start with point though), Point, Power Charge

Ascendency: Noxious Strike-> Toxic Delivery -> Unstable Infusion -> Deadly Infusion

Jewels

As with most builds, jewels are of the UTMOST importance to scale your damage. We use 7-9 of them. Do not skimp out on jewels.

Mandatory: Area Damage %, Damage % (These are the only two jewel mods that will scale BOTH our Blade Vortex Initial Damage and the subsequent poison damage, thus double dipping). These are both jewel suffixes.

Prefixes: Spell Damage while holding a shield, Physical Damage, Cast speed while holding a shield, Mana regeneration, Chaos damage, Energy shield %.

Of the above, Spell damage w shield is my preferred choice as it is 16% and also applies to non physical damage (the flat lightning from our weapon, for example). I typically avoid getting ES% on jewels because there is an abundance of it readily available on the tree in comparable values, however if your in need of it, it can be very good

This is an ideal jewel.

To highlight my point, here is a tooltip SS with and without our jewels. This is also not including the double dipping damage effect they have on poison afterwards.

My Jewels

Spoiler

Gems

Spoiler
5L->
(Conc OR Inc AoE)

6L->
(Conc or Inc AoE)

Possible Swaps->

Frenzy Generation (optional) ->

Whirling->

CWDT->

Vaal Skills->
+ Vaal Clarity

Heretics Curse Set Up->
m

You may also use a 20q blasphemy in lieu of the discipline- this will give the curse 10% effectiveness. At the time of posting I had disc in here for mana reasons (wanted enlighten on it) and also due to colors being unavailable elsewhere at the time. Blasphemy 20q is the best option and should be used if possible.

Can also use Warlord's mark in lieu of Temp Chains and/or quad curse (would require +1 curse ammy or Doedre's Ring)

Last edited by Belton on Jul 2, 2016, 8:54:00 AM
Last bumped on Aug 2, 2016, 8:17:17 AM
another solid build that destorys everything.
noice work ;]

"
EKIMbro wrote:
another solid build that destorys everything.
noice work ;]

Thanks bud! Still in the preliminary stages gearing wise, excited to see how far I can take the damage.
Interesting, I play a life based Cospri BV. Found some of your choices weird though.

Life leech gem + Assassin's Mark over some other damage support + Warlord's Mark? Warlord's generates endurance charges for long Immortal Calls, and also provides mana leech. Power charge generation is already taken care of by Assassin ascendancy.

Coverage must be awfully tiny with no Templar aoe and Conc Effect in links, guess you could be just tooltip warrioring for the sake of the guide, not sure. Would only use CE as swap for bosses.

Your jewel tooltip screenshot comparison is a bit misleading, you seem to have Atziri flask activated on the 2nd picture.

Anyway, good luck with your build.

Sounds good, and love the essence. Maybe I'll give it a try in some days :].

Good job!
interesting, cant wait until you post videos !

a little tree modification:

True strike is not worth 4 points imo and you should really spend an extra point into curse effectiveness at the +1curse notable. also witch ES is very good.

oh and you forgot to post your flasks
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
interesting, cant wait until you post videos !

a little tree modification:

True strike is not worth 4 points imo and you should really spend an extra point into curse effectiveness at the +1curse notable. also witch ES is very good.

oh and you forgot to post your flasks

Only have true strike atm because I dont have spell crit on shield or a natural roll on dagger, also Im using a 40% base vs. a 80% base. I also havent bought good diamonds yet. This is gear I put together over the past 24 hours so its still far from optimal (gem levels for example, lol) Its more important that I have 100% crit atm. (keep in mind you lose 100% crit from controlled destro)

Curse effectiveness is definitely worthwhile but as I'm using WM alot atm it hasnt been worth speccing into yet. ES% nodes you can take to your preference, I'm just testing different jewel mod combos and seeing how high I can push the damage-> if I put 10 points into ES and added 20% to ring I could add 121% es which would put me at 8.5k. The tree is pretty loose though- take what you want, lots of options to best suit your playstyle/gear.

Also, My enlightens are only level 2 atm (almost 3) so when I flip those over and (hopefully) hit +1, I can divest from some reservation nodes.

Flasks I haven't landed on 100% yet but definitely silver, basalt and a Promise.
Last edited by Belton on Jul 1, 2016, 12:44:28 PM
one thing to mention is that it's pretty hard to chrom the chest for 5 offcolor.
"
Zed_ wrote:
Interesting, I play a life based Cospri BV. Found some of your choices weird though.

Life leech gem + Assassin's Mark over some other damage support + Warlord's Mark? Warlord's generates endurance charges for long Immortal Calls, and also provides mana leech. Power charge generation is already taken care of by Assassin ascendancy.

Coverage must be awfully tiny with no Templar aoe and Conc Effect in links, guess you could be just tooltip warrioring for the sake of the guide, not sure. Would only use CE as swap for bosses.

Your jewel tooltip screenshot comparison is a bit misleading, you seem to have Atziri flask activated on the 2nd picture.

Anyway, good luck with your build.

As it mentions in the gem section conc OR inc aoe, and obviously while generally mapping you would use the latter. Warlords mark is fine, however I would drop temp chains and not assassins mark, for two reasons. Firstly, we want to maintain 100% crit to ensure we get the 100% more damage on crit with poisons, secondly, with such a high crit chance the power charger generation from assassin is unreliable moving pack to pack, assassins mark ensures it is up fluidly throughout the map. Lastly, it is a 20% more multiplier or crits which is significant damage. Having 0.6% leech on boot enchant is arguably enough while mapping, however using life leech is a bit safer. Increased duration is obviously very good however the poison duration will be all but irrelevant while mapping as nothing will live long enough for it to be noticeable. Ideally, we would have all 4 curses up with a +1 curse amulet, as I believe it is too significant a loss to your Es/ res to use a doedres. In regards to mana leech the 0.6% on boots and the mana on kill from ass mark is more than enough to sustain mana while mapping. Against bosses Vaal clarity will last longer than any boss can survive.

When I get a pair of vuln on hit malis, however, I will switch to Wm, assmark, and vuln.

Flask activation was an oversight on my part, I must not have had it equipped during first SS as that does include cast speed bonus from silver flask.
I'll upload new photos when I get back from trip. In any case it was meant to highlight the importance of jewels, but I'll fix that regardless.

Also in gem options it does say life leech as a gem swap, not in the primary 6l- increased duration is the baseline gem for that red socket.

Lastly, if the intent were to tooltip warrior I wouldn't do so with unleveled, unqualitied supports on a gear set that was assembled over a 24 hour
Period. The assumption is that one would be able to deduce when it says "conc or inc aoe" they would know when to use each.
Last edited by Belton on Jul 2, 2016, 9:04:09 AM
Have you been able to run uber atziri?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info