[2.3]Ax's Chaos Lacerate-Sword/Claw Assassin.

Art
By EwaEric ForumID:xuanwovan

Hi,I'm Ax

As my other thread said,forgive my poor english.

Here is a fun and powerful BD,

Chaos Lacerate.

And I used Sword/Claw to play this BD,so strange huh?

Let me introduce this stuff for u now.

And T14 palace:

clear speed gif

It's just a little show,the video of T10 plateau is around 2:30,but sadly I can not upload the video to Youtube,so,there is a gif of this video,sry for WB so slow,just because of my lag.

Before I play this bd,I have done 2 BDs in 2.3---Essence Drain(Necromancer) and Frostblade(Jug/Rai Ascendant),they are so good and I should say that they have done far more than what I wanted.I saw the insane dmg of ED,and I saw the budget of touch of anguish FB.

But I really want a powerful melee BD,frost blade does not work well when dealing with single target,then I decided to make a BD around the Voidheart(well,it's really impressive),for the poison dmg is a very powerful thing to kill bosses.

Well,there will be some Q&A below.

why use lacerate?

I think lacerate is one of the most powerful melee skills.
range,comfortable,good for single target,high hit and it's an Area skill.
Try lacerate with high atk speed!It will surprise u.

why chaos damage?

chaos wand and phy melee poison/bleed are all very popular now.
At first,I just want to do a phy melee poison/bleed BD,I think about the build for some hours,and find that the bleed dmg is very important in phy melee DOT BD,but I want to play a pure poison dot BD,then I tried the chaos damage,and finally it works well.

Sword and Claw?Does the claw work?

"Lacerate when dual wielding always does a main-hand hit followed by an off-hand hit."
And the lacerate's skill says,can be used with swords and axes,not only works with.
I test it,find that when the claw is in the offhand,the life/mana gained on hit works!But does not work in the mainhand.
Since I can not get some leech from skill points and gears,I choose the life gained on hit to help me keep safe with claw/poacher's mark.

Then the Gear,Tree and Gems Link.
Core Gear

ilvl 83+ foil and gemini claw.High atk speed,cri chance,good with cri multi.

rat's nest with lacerate radius.

Carcass's AOE needed.

Melee atk poison.

other Gear

Eleron's chaos damage,accu,some res,high life,good with some int.

Accu,atk speed,high life,some res.

high life,high res.

if u don't have enough res,u can use a high life and high res boots,but 1-80 chaos damage is so good.

Passives Tree

lvl 91 Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAADuBbUHHgeZDkgQkhEvEZYWvyLiIuoj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkwfDIBMjI1kjY9N9Q64T8nR-JJE0lRSshMjk2STeNRR1FMVUtZbVnwXEBd8l-YX7BgQ2HiYetirGqMbAhsjG49bqpvO2-ecFJ1nnaCdwd4DXpTe8N9W4MJhKKExYazhxOHy4nTieCKr4w2jX2Nv4_6kBGTH5UumyabtZyknaqi2aQ5plenm6xHsNiyGbTFtNG1SLXyvG--gMAawuzDOsgMyBTKSs8VzzLPetQj2L3Zhtvn5ljnVOjW62PtP_DV8Yrxs_JF9W_-Cv6P_94=?accountName=emlial&characterName=AxaManiPulate

Bandit:life,atk speed,power charge.

Gems Link

Lacerate-Added Chaos Damage-Multistrike-Void Manipulation-Increased Critical Strike-Increased Area of Effect.
Can change the inc AOE to the concentrate effect when dealing with single target,insane poison damage comes.

Blasphemy-Poacher's Mark
Grace

Summon Ice/Stone/Fire Gloem

Whirling Blade-Blood Magic-Fortify-Faster Attack

Wither-Spell Totem-Faster Casting-Increased Duration

Offensive and Defensive:
Offensive

4power+3frenzy(increased area of effect):

4power+3frenzy(concentrate effect)

Denfensive

no flask in hideout:

stibnite+jade flasks:

Leveling
leveling

Actually I do not meet any trouble in leveling,as this should NOT be a first char in a new league,because of ilvl 83 weapon and some bound unique items.

I use the low level unique weapon and use earthquake/sunder/static strike and everything u want.If u still feel it is not happy enough,u can make the jewel sockets out first,and buy some jewel with 3 attack mods within 1c.

Truly,I don't think leveling is a trouble:D

Tyvm for reading!

My other BDs:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1535104
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1690065
Last edited by emlial on Jul 5, 2016, 6:26:18 AM
Last bumped on Jan 16, 2024, 7:41:36 AM
Updated the offensive and defensive.
Have you thought about using Breath of the Council instead of the claw? Also, I suggest you make a video to show clearspeed.
Breath of the council is way too slow unfortunately (1.2 aps). As you can see, he chose high attack speed to scale the little amounts of chaos the most.

Nice build though, should clear incredibly fast.

When i first saw Breath of the COuncil, I said man what a weapon, I can't wait to use it! Then when it came time to make my build, I realized what awful synergy it has just because of its base. Maces, have horrible skills that 90% of them convert phys to elemental. Obviously not very good for poison which is op right now. Secodnly, it's slow as shit, and it has 0 crit. I thought about the synergy with Deaths Hand but juts so many skills use the main hand or the offhand instead of using both or averaging the two. So crit and no dmg vs dmg and no crit. Unghhh.

The obvious skill for council is EQ, but EQ willl forever be dominated by 2handers. Believe me, I;ve tried it all
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
I said instead of the claw, not the sword. Since Lacerate is a sword/axe only skill, the attack speed of an off-hand mace is insignificant.
but if use a slow atk speed weapon,the lacerate's atk speed will be slow.

I upload a gif to show kill bosses speed,because it's really hard for me to upload a video to the Youtube in my country.

However,if u tried lacerate,maybe u will know this skill is a very powerful skill in clearing map.

With Breath of the Council,the build should change for bleed/poison phy BD,and EQ will be the best skill for this weapon.
"
but if use a slow atk speed weapon,the lacerate's atk speed will be slow.

Only in the tooltip, which is wrong. See this http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dual_wielding
I explain this all the time,so many people think it is same as other skill.

BUT lacerate is not same as other ones.

1.25 atk speed mace,and my claw.
Thanks for the explanation. What about using the chaos damage claw with reave and using breath of the council as the off-hand?
hmmm,lacerate is a high atk speed skill,as the skill says 30% less atk speed,but it can atk twice at one use(6 with multistrike)

If use Reave,it will make the BD be much slower than using lacerate,first even has vaal reave,the clear speed is much slower(maybe I couldn't play well with Reave),and the reave do not have a really good dps when dealing with bosses,though the breath of the council has 80% inc chaos damage.(the foil has 30% cri multi too,maybe equiv 20-25% increased in this BD)

Try lacerate in high level and high atk speed,maybe u will change ur mind.

I would like to repeat my words with breath of the council,it is a very powerful weapon when using the EQ in a phy bleed/poison BD,as the poison damage is just a part damage of helping kill bosses faster,and bleed damage is insane,because of its high DPH,don't need to mind its low speed.
I do not like abyssus,but Assassin use breath of the council and EQ with abyssus,the damage and bleed damage is really horrible.
Last edited by emlial on Jul 1, 2016, 8:00:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info