Bring back maze map mod (Labyrinthine)

I recall one of reasons maze was removed because it became a 'mandatory' map mod for sustaining map pools because some maps were very, very small and maze could turn some maps huge = more monsters = more quantity = more maps. But now people tend to clear maps really fast instead of trying to maximize the total number of stuff in any given map.

At the same time sizes of many maps were equalized so I can't really really recall why exactly it was removed though..

Maybe make it so that this mod increases area size a bit as seen
maybe as an incentive to actually run it and not just roll over it but no quantity bonus as before as it does not make the map more dangerous.
I think it would also be nice for players who don't really care to be always speeding through content and pick up more than just currency and maps.

Maybe make it as rare like blood magic or something so it is not as intrusive to the mod pool if people hate this mod that could slow down gameplay.

Most importantly it would be fun! To occasionally have a radically different layout to some zones you are used to playing would be a nice change of pace. I don't remember if this mod could roll on all maps ('outdoors' maps were excluded?) but maybe change it so that it can. Imagine having a funky mountain ledge map that is more than a circle with a line through it and a boss tumor area!
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 8:28:30 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
false assumptions -> false conclusions. (except the first sentence)

if they introduce maze/+size again it would instantly become mandatory again. just like it's pack size now. i don't see any benefit here.

so -> NO!
No fun allowed, just keep spamming ledges.
I think it would be neat if there were some mods that were only available by corrupting maps. Zone size would be a good candidate. You wouldn't be able to spam alt/chaos to get it on every map, but now and then it would show up on your corrupted maps as an added bonus.
"
biyte wrote:
At the same time sizes of many maps were equalized so I can't really really recall why exactly it was removed though..

because from then every map has maze/larger by itself, without the need of rolling it
"
I think it would be neat if there were some mods that were only available by corrupting maps. Zone size would be a good candidate. You wouldn't be able to spam alt/chaos to get it on every map, but now and then it would show up on your corrupted maps as an added bonus.

implicit mods on maps has been a suggestion before!
this would be an elegant way to make yours work. i like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info