Noob needs advices

Hello,

I m a bit noob, and i ve real issues understanding this game.. I use this set up

Marohi Erqi: Earthquake, Less Duration, Melee Physical Damage, Physical To lightning, Weapon Elemental Damage & Added Fire Damage.

boots: - Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 13), Immortal Call (lvl 15), Molten Shell (lvl 17 ) & Increased Duration (max level)

gloves:- Hatred, Herald of Ash, CWDT (lvl 1) + Flame Golem (lvl 3).

helmet:- Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Enduring Cry & Blood Rage.

I ve 5l on my armor i want to change, is there some good defensive combo of gems? or a curse on hit+ x?

Is there a post on classic gems combos?

i Feel like dont clean maps fast enough..

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAPe5FrvG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8aPsEEFCB8uHlo7w4pLqluUEfxrMAad-PkUVcNeA1vOwHcl3nZYdIhlmzzm7XyhNkJlq2N8kGRzmhlNZLKkEd-qZQ5Ds9-ggf-j9i96Ua9Nnh6h2p2rNl8TeP-CorwZU2pJ-oYplfyRcSCvqeE71Hm9zI64aLq2sG0L3KpfNkS4S5TQzF07SE0rKrTb8MzTP8FLUE_WfNaGtZYeu_fsp8-GjiPYJSHLdKQVZ7FJy862DKJd-VX4u0ggpvhc6IABLPwH8BmaPI8Ba9sn9_vfGvZNI6GO8ABBsZdpN3V8430gw==
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 6:14:05 PM
You don't have a shield, so you can't do curse on hit reckoning combos. You could do a low-level CwDT curse if you want.

If it's survivability you're concerned with, then CwDT + immortal call + enfeeble works. If you want to make use of more of your links, I guess you can do CwDT + immortal call + ice nova + Curse on Hit (high level) + Enfeeble (high level).

If you're concerned about clear speed, the best thing for you should be to swap one of your DPS gems (_not_ melee physical or less duration, though. Just do a test to see which one loses you the least DPS by individually taking out WED, Added Fire, or Phys to Lightning) with increased AoE. You'll still flatten trash with marohi's aftershocks on EQ with 5 DPS links, and for bosses that either chase you around or stand still, you can sub in concentrated effect instead of increased AoE, if you want. Your clear speed will go way up. Honestly increased AoE should've been your 4th link before any of those other DPS options.
Last edited by codetaku on Jun 29, 2016, 12:32:35 PM
"
You don't have a shield, so you can't do curse on hit reckoning combos. You could do a low-level CwDT curse if you want.

If it's survivability you're concerned with, then CwDT + immortal call + enfeeble works. If you want to make use of more of your links, I guess you can do CwDT + immortal call + ice nova + Curse on Hit (high level) + Enfeeble (high level).

If you're concerned about clear speed, the best thing for you should be to swap one of your DPS gems (_not_ melee physical or less duration, though. Just do a test to see which one loses you the least DPS by individually taking out WED, Added Fire, or Phys to Lightning) with increased AoE. You'll still flatten trash with marohi's aftershocks on EQ with 5 DPS links, and for bosses that either chase you around or stand still, you can sub in concentrated effect instead of increased AoE, if you want. Your clear speed will go way up. Honestly increased AoE should've been your 4th link before any of those other DPS options.

Wait are you saying that the Inc. AoE gem stacks with the Inc. AoE given by the weapon? That would be amazing AoE but I'm surprised that they would stack.
"
Namcap wrote:
Wait are you saying that the Inc. AoE gem stacks with the Inc. AoE given by the weapon? That would be amazing AoE but I'm surprised that they would stack.

Supports of the same type do not stack.
Dunno, maybe Hikaru forgot Marohi adds a lv15 Inc Radius? Not sure. The tiny bit of Radius you get from a higher-level Support really isn't worthwhile.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 29, 2016, 12:59:45 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

Dunno, maybe Hikaru forgot Marohi adds a lv15 Inc Radius? Not sure. The tiny bit of Radius you get from a higher-level Support really isn't worthwhile.

Yeah... my mistake. Forgot that marohi gives lvl 15 aoe.

Not really sure why you're having clear speed issues, then.
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

Yeah... my mistake. Forgot that marohi gives lvl 15 aoe.

Not really sure why you're having clear speed issues, then.

Probably overloading on elemental damage (PTL, WED, and Added Fire on top) for that juicy tooltip DPS but not factoring vs resistances in maps, etc.

Why not just:

EQ
Melee Phys
Less Duration
Rapid Decay
Fortify
Added Fire

Retain mostly Physical, faster Phase II Earthquake, and tankier.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Nah, with hatred up he has a huge elemental damage as a % of the phys damage (which is also huge), and most monsters don't have that big of a resist-all (and getting a map with all 3 resistance mods is, like... really really unlikely), he should really be killing all trash in one hit. The only thing that would make one "not clean maps fast enough" in that case should be, like... movement speed. OP, can you link your boots?
tx for answers, i ll read them 10times, and try to make something of it. I definitly need to improve my understanding of the game

yes i m quite slow...but with my jug i shouldnt be i guess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info