Conversion trap build?

Hello everybody!
I am fed up of all the "meta" build and after a ball lighting trapper made by myself with sire of shards , i was thinking of doing a build around the conversion trap skill.
I know it will be hard to do Something around it but ...Why not ?
So i've decided to play with a guardian because the mobs will become my allies (not minion) so i can give us my charges , and auras with generosity..... I would like to play with cluster trap and , as in multiplayer , boost my allies using radiant faith and unwavering faith ...
So this is the main idea ...
Idea for the skills : 5L ball lighting +Curse on hit + 3 curses
Conversion trap + increase duration+ cluster trap
Auras + generosity
I need also a skill to kill the minions affected by conversion after the duration of the skill . So why not totems ?
I wouldn't like to start leveling a templar if it can't work ... So i need your help for others ideas or suggestions ,
Thanks you all ,
Sorry for my bad English ,
Jerry
Last edited by Jerryuftw on Jun 28, 2016, 5:07:29 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2017, 1:08:01 AM
I imagine you'll want the duration nodes on the tree. Necromancer Ascendancy has some nice duration bonuses as well if you're open to other classes. I don't see conversion trap working too well overall, but if you're having fun with it, who cares? :)

Clever Construction is pretty important for any kind of build utilizing traps, imo. Beyond that, I can't give a whole lot of suggestions on this other than stack as many buffs/debuffs as you can.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Jun 28, 2016, 4:19:36 PM
Thanks you for your answer!!!
Yep , i've already thought playing with necromancer but to have a decent clear speed , the duration must not be too long .. I will explain , the allies are not minions so they don't follow me . I need to boost them and after have clear the local location , i must kill them with totems ..
So i think guardian is the best option . I can boost them consequently to have a good clear speed...
Yes normally it can't work .. but nobody try Something around it and make a good build ( not the best , i can't with this skill) with decent clear speed would be pleasant for me !
This is the "global" idea of the skill tree (i made it in 5 min just to give you a look.)

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAQGRBLMLYREPFCAWbxcvGGoZiho4Go8dFB2qIG4i9CSwJy8pTy0fLdI1kjlSOlg62DrhPC1DyEZxSbFLV0yzTeNOUk8EUDBQR1XGVdZYB1ugW_RfP1-wZOdmVGaeZ5to8mpDaxdrt2wLb555oXwOfEt8u35sgKSDCYNfg8yD24TFhXuFfYuZjHaPRpBVkiuTJ5UglnSboZu1njyhL6IApRimV6dVrJiuPq9stAy3Mbc-uW-86r6KwFTAZsDjwzrFisauykrK09dq18_Yvdte4YjjauQi5FHsOO8O74jwH_Gz8kX22vfX-Tf60vsJ_QD-Cv5J_o8=

Any suggestions with skills / items ?
Not others suggestions around this skill?
Last edited by Jerryuftw on Jun 28, 2016, 4:42:11 PM
You could use that blade vortex - knockback - emperor's grasp thing to vaccuum up whole sections of the map, then chuck down conversion traps and watch them fight to the death :)

---------

PS: Also, you don't need to kill the enemies each time; when the conversion runs out you can lead them to the next group.

Along the way you can cull the weak enemies and keep the strongest aura rares alive to give you huge buffs.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Jun 28, 2016, 10:46:25 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You could use that blade vortex - knockback - emperor's grasp thing to vaccuum up whole sections of the map, then chuck down conversion traps and watch them fight to the death :)

---------

PS: Also, you don't need to kill the enemies each time; when the conversion runs out you can lead them to the next group.

Along the way you can cull the weak enemies and keep the strongest aura rares alive to give you huge buffs.

Thanks you for your answer!
It's a good idea to use emperor's grasp , i keep that in mind =).
Yes , it will be the gamestyle...
Any unique that can help me too clear faster ? because i try yesterday and the clear speed was........bad , very very bad!
You need any recovery node you can grab on top you want punishment to be honest the cool down is horrible and makes this really clunky a perpetual growing army is not possible wit ct
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
So i can't make a build with it ?
It was my apprehension....
Think to do a animated weapon build ... It's the same idea (with necromancer) and most effective .
But if you have other ideas to use it , i'll take them !
Jerry
I think conversion trap is best used as a defensive tool rather than an offensive one. Stack these 2 support gems up to throw 6 of them in one shot, and bam, you got 6 allies to tank for you temporarily as you destroy the rest with arrows or spells from afar.

Fits in any ranged build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info