Make the mouse cursor match the clicking area

Or maybe it is time to change the poe cursor. Clicking is way too hard in this game because only the very tip of the mouse works but the mouse is deceitful because it is way fatter than what it needs to be.

Here is a image of what shouldn't be happening:

As you can see, most of my mouse is on top of the name box and it still doesn't highlight the item. I'd suggest the mouse icon having the classic arrow tip + tail shape
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 4:26:54 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There were complaints in the past that the cursor was not visible enough. I still modded the current cursor to be more visible. So no to making it smaller.

Cursor have always acted this way. Check your windows cursor it highlights a link only if the point is on the target.
"This is a Buff"
-------------------------------
There is an old almost forgotten prophecy, that hell will freeze over.
But we just recently discovered the true cause of this unlikely event:
By the time GGG manage to balance their game.
The size of the tip of windows mouse is significantly smaller than poe's one.

In terms of % of the area of the mouse, the PoE one is smaller, making it very awkward to click. As you can see in my picture, I am probably 1 pixel away from the tip of the mouse and the item still isn't clickable.

But just check windows right now, there is plenty of room when I mouse over your username.

Another solution is to make the boxes have invisible borders (whether you use lootfilters or not) that makes the clickable area bigger. But that doesn't help much when selecting items in your inventory (like removing gems).

Either way, clicking is very awkward in this game and something needs to be done about it.
I stopped picking up more than 90% of what drops on the ground, and that's with item filter, because picking up items is oddly difficult
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Some items I made really big in my lootfilter but they are still really awkward to click. I really think this mouse icon is the issue.

It has being like this since forever but only now I finally decided to bother with this issue. It sucks to use a lootfilter but still be discouraged to click on any items just because clicking is awkward.
I don't really understand this. The very end of the mouse cursor is usually the bit that matters for deciding what is selected. Changing it from this would throw off almost everyone who is used to using the normal windows mouse cursor.

Changing it to a normal-sized mouse curse would work for picking up items, but it would make playing the game otherwise a bit harder. The mouse cursor is currently quite easy to see and aim with.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info