Prophecies suck

They should have made it like:

Naomi Campbell gives you 1 prophecy.
It will spawn in the next zone you enter, and will raise that zone to your level if its required.
You cant get new prophecy unless you seal/complete the active one.

EVERY ZONE GGG, EVERY ZONE.

Game feels like vanilla... just did 3 chars to merc without touching or wanting to touch a prophecy..
All the coins i collected i used to roll some prophecies on one of my highest lvl chars...
got nothing decent, or interesting...

Meh... i want to play, game just pushes me away...
still did not ascend with any of those 3 chars that i leveled recently...
IT would be super easy to do it, but i dont need it for gameplay... nor do i want to spend a minute in the lab if i absolutely dont have to with a certain build...

Le Feq are you doing GGG. le feq
Last bumped on Jun 27, 2016, 2:00:32 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
While i agree that prophecy sucks as the main mechanic of a new league its a very fun and non-intrusive mechanic that fits the core game. I seriously hope its gets implemented.

"
_Emperor_ wrote:

Meh... i want to play, game just pushes me away...
still did not ascend with any of those 3 chars that i leveled recently...
IT would be super easy to do it, but i dont need it for gameplay... nor do i want to spend a minute in the lab if i absolutely dont have to with a certain build...

Le Feq are you doing GGG. le feq

Mee too, and i will not go for the ascendancy points as long as they are tied to the labyrinth only. Glad there are people who wont lower their standards no matter how powerful the rewards are because of the shitty content. GGG made a huge and bold experimental move with the lab, it failed and they refused to fix it in time. They dont learn, they literally made the same mistake twice (pvp seasons and now lab), at least pvp was literally just like a race season but focused on pvp battles, but for the lab they decided to lock character customization and progression behind it. Le feq are you thiking GGG, le feq.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
I find that I pretty much ignore them unless I'm just looking to spice up a session. They don't motivate my play. They don't "reward" often enough to entice me to seek them out.

That makes them prime for adding to the core game. It wont ruin it. It will add an option, with a few longer term goals attached.

Not a great league, but a good addition to the game.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
I find that I pretty much ignore them unless I'm just looking to spice up a session. They don't motivate my play. They don't "reward" often enough to entice me to seek them out.

That makes them prime for adding to the core game. It wont ruin it. It will add an option, with a few longer term goals attached.

Not a great league, but a good addition to the game.

100%
This is what is the design flaw of the league imo. Prophecies are cool in theory, but implemented very poorly given the system.

After grinding a ton of Prophecies, what I would have done with the league would be 2 parts on the Prohpecy screen, (1) your "chore" type Prophecies, ie., hunt x, Chain I/II/III/IV etc, kill y while wearing z, and (2) your "world" effect type Prophecies.

At the moment my Prophecy grinding session is basically get online, buy the best 10c ratio worth of coins, and do them until I run out. Rinse and repeat if I've had some good ones I can sell (Jeweller's Touch, Vaal Winds, etc) or some of the Key Chains are still active. Pretty much all I care to do anyways. If I ever get shit Prophecies like Undead Brutes, Cursed Choir, some Tempest, I've gotten really good at scrolling through all the zones real fast to proc them and refill. I just don't care, and I doubt anyone really gives a shit about hunting down ilvl ~60 Rats when people should be pushing around 90. It's just not practical.

Now, I will say that I enjoy the Key hunts, and some of the other Chains are okay to do. If a Chain was active in a zone AND I was going to encounter Sirens or Rats or do it in an Infernal Tempest, then by all means. That would even make gameplay more enjoyable. As it stands, it's a failure in design, and just a pile of speed bumps. Sadly I have to get like 140 more Maps from bosses, so I might be stuck here for a while.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 26, 2016, 7:32:15 PM
"
This is what is the design flaw of the league imo. Prophecies are cool in theory, but implemented very poorly given the system.

After grinding a ton of Prophecies, what I would have done with the league would be 2 parts on the Prohpecy screen, (1) your "chore" type Prophecies, ie., hunt x, Chain I/II/III/IV etc, kill y while wearing z, and (2) your "world" effect type Prophecies.

At the moment my Prophecy grinding session is basically get online, buy the best 10c ratio worth of coins, and do them until I run out. Rinse and repeat if I've had some good ones I can sell (Jeweller's Touch, Vaal Winds, etc) or some of the Key Chains are still active. Pretty much all I care to do anyways. If I ever get shit Prophecies like Undead Brutes, Cursed Choir, some Tempest, I've gotten really good at scrolling through all the zones real fast to proc them and refill. I just don't care, and I doubt anyone really gives a shit about hunting down ilvl ~60 Rats when people should be pushing around 90. It's just not practical.

Now, I will say that I enjoy the Key hunts, and some of the other Chains are okay to do. If a Chain was active in a zone AND I was going to encounter Sirens or Rats or do it in an Infernal Tempest, then by all means. That would even make gameplay more enjoyable. As it stands, it's a failure in design, and just a pile of speed bumps. Sadly I have to get like 140 more Maps from bosses, so I might be stuck here for a while.

I think that coins are really lame when it comes to the league mechanic.
She could just offer us prophecies, the way she does now, without coins.
When we complete a prophecy, we can choose to get a new one, or seal the existing one. If we seal, there is a timer on when we can get a new one. OR only then we have to pay with coins... mostly anything but how it goes now.
And force them spawning in next zone or map with levels raised.

This feels like a chore.
Lab feels like a chore.

I like to grind, but so far grind wasnt a chore.. it was a cool experience.
Now, its "ok, time to slog through these activities" or " fuck it, im rerolling" or "fuck it"..

Last edited by _Emperor_ on Jun 26, 2016, 7:47:56 PM
I just keep getting the same ones over and over.
and yet there are people that are making a killing doing prophecies

it is a system with far more complexity than people that barely touch it can imagine it having

but.. Cadiro was one-click solution so why im surprised..
"
sidtherat wrote:
and yet there are people that are making a killing doing prophecies

it is a system with far more complexity than people that barely touch it can imagine it having

but.. Cadiro was one-click solution so why im surprised..

Making a killing?
What is this, wallstreet simulator?

Prophecies are BORING.. boring tasks for money is what we do irl.
When i come to poe, i want rewarding stuff that is AT LEAST mildly fun.

There is a reason this league is so weak, and why it fell off hard... and its not "people had it easy with cadiro"... that comes into play for sure but its far from the sole reason.

And if the game is "too complex" for most of its player base then what is the point of said complexity?

I dont know what is so complex either, sure some prophecies pay well.
Sure, you can buy coins and search for the payoff.
Sure, you can do some cool tempest prophecies.

RNG, layered with rng, gated by rng and when you actually hit it, it lasts for how long?
This league is like having an exalt drop. Sure its awesome when you see the letters, yes your heart picks up a bit, but in the end.. its so rare that if you base your enjoyment on it, you will get fed up really really really really really fast.

But hey... at least its profitable! I can finally buy that new car for my hideout and flash money around to pick up those sweet sweet exiled women from oriath.

Excelsior!
you mock it being profitable and at the same time want 'rewarding' content.

bit contradictory isnt it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info