[old build] Doomfletch's Prism Elementalist (Budget and strong) [Top30 PHC]

here to confirm NicebuildTM status

definitely fastest non whirling blades build i've ever done and can be done on an extreme budget

i leveled with Foxshade, Meginords and Karui charge until 85

IGN JustifiedF
"
How you deal with heavy physical hits?

We evade and dodge a Lot but there is almost no reduction if you get hit or am i missing something?
Also no vaal grace used

Daresso's Defiance and CWDT+Immortal Call. 6k+ life (currently at 6.4k). Basalt Flask too.

You could use Vaal Grace instead of Haste if you prefer.
IGN: @Oos
"
Oos wrote:
Lets presume that with all gear your base phys is 10-20 (will be way higher, using this to simplify this explanation). Then 10-20 is added as each element, leaving you with 10-20phys, 10-20light, 10-20cold, 10-20fire. So 80-160 combined damage. The tooltip for this bow is inaccurate, it does not show your added damage.

Now, how to scale this higher. Projectile Damage triple dips with this bow.
Say we have 100% projectile damage. The 10-20 phys damage becomes 20-40. The ele damage is added from that 20-40 (20-40 x3), then scaled by the 100% projectile damage to be 40-80(x3). Then at the end, Elementalist burns are based off the total damage, and the burn damage is scaled by projectile damage too (silly ggg).
So that’s 20-40 + (40-80 x 3) + burn damage.

Actually damage conversion doesn't work this way.

If you have 10-20 phys damage and 100% proj damage, you end up with 20-40 phys, 20-40 fire, 20-40 cold and 20-40 light. But these elemental damages won't be modified by 100% proj damage anymore. With damage conversion, you can never double dip (source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion).
If you would be able to double dip "added damage" with proj damage, gems such as Added fire dmg or Phys to Light would be simply OP.

As stated in the wiki "Converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to be both the original damage type it was converted from, and the new damage type that is was converted to." but not in a multiplicative way, as for any other conversion.

The only "double dip" you get, is from burning damage. In that case the burning damage is calculated as 20% of your fire damage (without conflux) or as 20% of your total damage (with conflux up) and then further modified by proj damage, fire damage, burning damage, elemental damage etc.
"
Corsal8 wrote:
"
Oos wrote:
Lets presume that with all gear your base phys is 10-20 (will be way higher, using this to simplify this explanation). Then 10-20 is added as each element, leaving you with 10-20phys, 10-20light, 10-20cold, 10-20fire. So 80-160 combined damage. The tooltip for this bow is inaccurate, it does not show your added damage.

Now, how to scale this higher. Projectile Damage triple dips with this bow.
Say we have 100% projectile damage. The 10-20 phys damage becomes 20-40. The ele damage is added from that 20-40 (20-40 x3), then scaled by the 100% projectile damage to be 40-80(x3). Then at the end, Elementalist burns are based off the total damage, and the burn damage is scaled by projectile damage too (silly ggg).
So that’s 20-40 + (40-80 x 3) + burn damage.

Actually damage conversion doesn't work this way.

If you have 10-20 phys damage and 100% proj damage, you end up with 20-40 phys, 20-40 fire, 20-40 cold and 20-40 light. But these elemental damages won't be modified by 100% proj damage anymore. With damage conversion, you can never double dip (source: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_conversion).
If you would be able to double dip "added damage" with proj damage, gems such as Added fire dmg or Phys to Light would be simply OP.

As stated in the wiki "Converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to be both the original damage type it was converted from, and the new damage type that is was converted to." but not in a multiplicative way, as for any other conversion.

The only "double dip" you get, is from burning damage. In that case the burning damage is calculated as 20% of your fire damage (without conflux) or as 20% of your total damage (with conflux up) and then further modified by proj damage, fire damage, burning damage, elemental damage etc.

Ye was pointed out on reddit too. I'll rewrite it soon. Thanks.
With Leige of Primordial, Flame Golem is clear best, but is Lightning Golem really better than Stone Golem?

I suppose the main benefit of Lightning Golem is the double buffed attack speed, and the increased lightning damage is very minor, but I can't help but feel 40% increased physical damage is stronger than 9% extra attack speed and 40% lightning damage.

Damage high enough that attack speed is the only thing that matters I guess?
Thanks for sharing. Finally a non-spell focused witch build i can try. :)
[Standard]Maria_TheVirginWitch
[Breach]Silmeria_Valkyrie
"
hTwo wrote:
With Leige of Primordial, Flame Golem is clear best, but is Lightning Golem really better than Stone Golem?

I suppose the main benefit of Lightning Golem is the double buffed attack speed, and the increased lightning damage is very minor, but I can't help but feel 40% increased physical damage is stronger than 9% extra attack speed and 40% lightning damage.

Damage high enough that attack speed is the only thing that matters I guess?

Yeah at high levels your limiting factor for clearing is attack/movement speed, so it's best to focus on them when possible. Stone Golem is a solid option though, and helps with Blood Rage degen in vuln/%regen maps.
Thats why i swapped Lightning Warp + less dur + fc + red mana in, the 60% manareg on doomfletch is pretty nice for it and i can spam it in every non noregen/recoyery map.
Movementspeed silver flask on top (well inquisator + castspeed on top) makes it far superior to blink arrow, but requires the links.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Oos wrote:
"
How you deal with heavy physical hits?

We evade and dodge a Lot but there is almost no reduction if you get hit or am i missing something?
Also no vaal grace used

Daresso's Defiance and CWDT+Immortal Call. 6k+ life (currently at 6.4k). Basalt Flask too.

You could use Vaal Grace instead of Haste if you prefer.

So there is no real reduction of phys dmg? Immortal call only helps after the first Hit.
This seems quite dangerous for me, i guess the 6k life will only be reached at higher levels.
I'm a newbie in HC but how much life should i have in order to survive the 1st Hit of high phys hits in maps until i am lets say 85?
Sure, movement and range is our best defense but sometimes you WILL take a hit.

Have a few more questions:
-how can we be able to summon two golems?
-is Grace really a good aura as we only gain half of the Bonus? What about dual curse aura enfeeble and chains?
-did you compare blink arrow to lightning warp? Which is the safer option?
-What about vaal burning arrow for bosskills? Will it scale with our bow?

I am lvl 35 now. Leveling was fine with stormcloud and meginords with some flat phys on gear.
Really good speed! I like the build and if you managed to get 96 in hc, it must be a good one :-)
1.he is elementalist, gets 2 golems

2.grace has full effect, acrobatics reduces armour/es, not evasion

3.LW needs more links and has a higher mana cost, blink arrow the cooldown. LW is slightly slower, but that depends on gemlvls (LW) and if there is enough projectile speed on the tree (BA).

4.yes it does, cant tell about VBA since i use cheezy LA+frostwall ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info