Best item to craft in Standard for profit?

What do you guys think is the best item for a noob to craft in Standard to make some profit?
Last bumped on Jun 25, 2016, 4:48:15 PM
In a game like this crafting is not a profitable option other than maybe people who can see the future of a meta shift* or people at the very very very top of the wealth spectrum.

If you are after profit your two main options are farm for orbs/sellable items, or trade and flip items for profit. Flipping items, I hear, but it's real boring

You COULD try to gamble with orb crafting but it wouldn't sustain profit

If you got some empathy in you and know how a free market economy with no item sink works it should be fairly obvious why (if can crafted item price exceeds crafting cost, other seller can undercut you for less, etc., until price = cost)

*in other words what you would need is asymmetry of information. There was a crafting method not well known that supposedly net a group of players 72 mirrors but I heard GGG checked their accounts and said it was only 4 mirrors or so. Then they released the info on the method, probably to squeeze out more profit from sale of crafting bases from the market shock of their method release, and prices fell until it was really quite easy to get +3 bows. And now CA is out of favour so they aren't even traded at a high volume, I would suspect
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 25, 2016, 4:24:37 PM
Best "Crafting" in Standard is probably Chaos Spamming ilvl 84 Regalia/Hubris/Titaniums for entry level crafting.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 25, 2016, 4:33:55 PM
"
adghar wrote:
In a game like this crafting is not a profitable option other than maybe people who can see the future of a meta shift* or people at the very very very top of the wealth spectrum.

If you are after profit your two main options are farm for orbs/sellable items, or trade and flip items for profit. Flipping items, I hear, but it's real boring

You COULD try to gamble with orb crafting but it wouldn't sustain profit

If you got some empathy in you and know how a free market economy with no item sink works it should be fairly obvious why (if can crafted item price exceeds crafting cost, other seller can undercut you for less, etc., until price = cost)

*in other words what you would need is asymmetry of information. There was a crafting method not well known that supposedly net a group of players 72 mirrors but I heard GGG checked their accounts and said it was only 4 mirrors or so. Then they released the info on the method, probably to squeeze out more profit from sale of crafting bases from the market shock of their method release, and prices fell until it was really quite easy to get +3 bows. And now CA is out of favour so they aren't even traded at a high volume, I would suspect

Dang that's unfortunate, I haven't got much time to put into the game hours and hours every day .
"
Best "Crafting" in Standard is probably Chaos Spamming ilvl 84 Regalia/Hubris/Titaniums for entry level crafting.

I suppose that will be my best bet, thank you.
"
xphailedx wrote:
"

I suppose that will be my best bet, thank you.

Just know that this is only gambling with not particularly good odds. There's a very good chance that you will use all your chaos and the only thing you'll have to show for it is an ilvl 84 Vaal Regalia with poopy rolls on it.

The best thing you can do is simply save your orbs until you have enough to buy what you need. It's putting your money into savings instead of "investing" in lottery tickets. Playing it safe is the smart option, but not everyone picks the smart option. They sell a hell of a lot of lottery tickets, after all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info