Ashcaller wand feedback

Damn, this wand NEED MORE DMG(better than say it sucks).

Not meaning to be offensive, but i'm lvling with

and storm prison is way better, even though it requires less 6 lvls(storm req lvl 12, ash lvl 18).
I think the intention was not making it op given its mechanics, but the mechanics in the wand does nothing at its lvl. The raging spirits are too weak and the ignite chance doesn't matter if you don't do damage, you will ignite for 20% more dmg from almost no dmg(lol?).

It needs more base damage to at least justify being used imo.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Jun 24, 2016, 7:11:55 PM
Last bumped on Dec 5, 2016, 11:44:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Should be pretty darn good for leveling with Searing Bond, or Fire Trap.
Or maybe as a Budget RF weapon.

I agree that the ignite chance seems an underwhelming stat, unless you are dual wielding wands and your other hand is very good.

You tested if the SRS is supported by the gems socketed in the wand? Might be interesting if so.

Are you attacking or casting with Ashcaller? (Cause attacking seems like a waste of it, IMO).
Storm Prison is clearly a better attacking wand.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Attack. But it was made for attack(at least that is what it indicates). Already changed it for the first rare i found after lvl 20

Thing is, lvling uniques should last sometime at least and well, having another one that does one unique job better makes it useless(storm prison can be equipped before and used until after).

It summons the raging spirits, but they do almost no damage and the ignite is just visual, they do no noticeable damage. I would be dual wielding storm prisons, but today i messaged so many people to buy lvling uniques and no answer that i just decided using the ones i had.

No need to socket gems on it to cast the SRS, thing is, they are too weak to make any difference.
Sometimes...
Last edited by Crusader_of_Sorrow on Jun 24, 2016, 7:50:06 PM
Well, it has added elemental damage, so i still think it is supposed to be used as damage dealer. It is not like everyone already didn't lvl with totems, isn't?

I usually lvl up with the skill i'm gonna use in late game(which should be standard?). I'm doing an elemental wanderer, thing is that this wand, even though is an elemental wand, doesn't reach the expectations of a leveling unique. It's not like i'm gonna use totems to level up an elemental wanderer, i want to play elemental wanderer from lvl 1 to X. So, as i said in the feedback, it needs more added fire damage, the actual is just too low for what it is supposed to do.
Sometimes...
If u want to benefit more from the ashcaller you should do the following:
- put spell totem in one of the slots of the ashcaller -> when u proc the summor lvl 8 raging spirit -> you summon a totem which will spawn multiple raging spirits instead of only one
"
pggm wrote:
If u want to benefit more from the ashcaller you should do the following:
- put spell totem in one of the slots of the ashcaller -> when u proc the summor lvl 8 raging spirit -> you summon a totem which will spawn multiple raging spirits instead of only one

Yeah that is one of the options, however the thing with weapons is they only ever can keep up with spell damage related rollls and the burning damage is pretty decent.

Those Wand is basically the best wand for most of the time if you are using RF Totems. Later you want to use Doryanis and some high level Sceptres with additional Fire Damage might be better as well, but for most of the part those Wand is the best weapon for your Totems, since nothing else provides so much Burning Damage on a weapon slot.
No intended of necroing but found this post while doing some search for Searing Bond...

That useless wand can easily carry you to maps depending on what you use.
I successy leveled some elementists/occultists, assassin and hierophant up to 82 in hc leagues.

It had burning damage, added spell damage an hudge chance to ignite.

Was pretty fun with Vaal fireball, the skill almost oneshotting everything and the burn finishing the work.
I also leveled using up to level 59 the minions of the wand for good finish: minion speed, faster attack and culling strike in both wand and a few minions passives mostly on the pathing. Every surviving enemies was just culled. And it seems the proc chance is per wand, not stacking, but pretty consistent.

Used with vaal power siphon as a vessel for auras and high ignite.

And currently using in BHC for my detonate dead build where i was looking for informations for searing touch (thus ended here)

Oh and i just reminded a few years ago when searing bond was the top meta build :)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
"
Emphasy wrote:
Those Wand is basically the best wand for most of the time if you are using RF Totems. Later you want to use Doryanis and some high level Sceptres with additional Fire Damage might be better as well, but for most of the part those Wand is the best weapon for your Totems, since nothing else provides so much Burning Damage on a weapon slot.
Nope. For RF totems, Daresso's Passion is better - slightly moar damage, and you can use WB with it. And it is as dirt cheap as Ashcaller, too. Also it looks cooler :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info