[2.3] Oddopsi's Budget Necromancer. HC/ATZIRI VIABLE! *Working on Essence update*

"
jomtoy wrote:
Tried some Dried Lake in merciless today with a 6L. The damage from detonate dead is bad and the killspeed is abysmal. Even with increased AoE instead of rapid decay. Did not get the ascendancy points so far, but a 6L should be capable of killing the trash mobs easily. It was really disappointing. Do you really clear maps with detonate dead? It must take you ages just to clear one.

What character were you testing it on and with what gear?

What level is your desecrate?

Are you running flammability?

Are you using Elemental Equilibrium + Elemental Overload?

What are your exact gems and gem lvls/QL on them?

Detonate dead doesn't scale with spell damage which I guess comparable to other spells it might seem "abyssmal" but elemental/fire damage does + it scales directly with the content you're doing though so it wouldn't be as good in dried lake as later maps for example. *Higher level mobs = more damage*

That aside the build isn't strictly a detonate dead build like i've mentioned before. You can use vortex, flameblast, firestorm *although without the increased AOE nodes*

Necromancer is all about defense over offense to begin with to make for a safer playstyle which in some cases may slow it down compare to other builds.

However it's worth it when you can pull off shenanigans such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZyQTPS2L0c and not batting an eye.

If you want a faster but squishier build you could always have a look at my Occultist DD build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617379/page/1

Both are Atziri/Izaro viable and even hardcore *This one especially so*

If there's anything else I can help with just let me know i'll gladly help out.
:D

"

What character were you testing it on and with what gear?

Lvl 63, Tabula Rasa and rare random crap.
"
What level is your desecrate?

17, Conc effect, Detonate Dead & Fire pen as well. All other gems for the 6L were bought from the vendor, so lvl 12.
"
Are you running flammability?

Of course!
"
Are you using Elemental Equilibrium + Elemental Overload?

No Elemental Equi, as I am too lazy to cast it for every trashmob. I use Overload though.
"
Detonate dead doesn't scale with spell damage

I know. However, if I use a 6 Link I should be able to kill trashmobs on my level fairly equally, shouldnt I? At least thats what every build I've played so far does. As I said, I tried Vortex with gems that I bought and its so much faster. However, I am now using a Flameblast that I leveled (and forgot about) and the killspeed is decent. Did not choose an Ascendancy class yet, still need better gear.
"I know. However, if I use a 6 Link I should be able to kill trashmobs on my level fairly equally, shouldnt I? At least thats what every build I've played so far does. As I said, I tried Vortex with gems that I bought and its so much faster. However, I am now using a Flameblast that I leveled (and forgot about) and the killspeed is decent. Did not choose an Ascendancy class yet, still need better gear."

Yeah Detonate dead is the one that needs most work out of the gems. Vortex does most damage overall if I recall and flameblast is easy to use.

Just use the one that fits you the most.

I tried vortex for a while but all the builds I saw coming out at the time were vortex oriented so I added it as a "you could if you want to~" gem. XD

Gonna try some new ideas for Flameblast in the next days:
- 2x Obliteration: Increase killing speed against trash
- Rise of the Phoenix: defense shield for boss fights, also needs an other wand
- Cloak of Flame: for fire res and phys as elemental
- Mokou`s Embrace: cast speed while burning, hope it works well with the shield

Maybe Rise of the Phoenix is too much. Lionseyes Remorse is probably a good/better alternative.
Depending on the damage and the amount of deaths i can accumulate in the next days I either go for Necro or Elementalist. Also depends if my friend goes full glass cannon...
Experiment to your heart's content. :D Once you find something that works for you let me know. I'm interested in what it could be. *All feedback leads to new and fun discoveries*
started a HC witch sas I needed some variation from softcore farming.
essence league.
got a tabula to drop (lucky)
levling with bladefall atm and just got the first enhancement, bone offering is a nice defense.
gear isnt good tho but I figure I keep going.
Looks interesting. How's the 2.4 update coming along?
I am trying a build close to this and could use feedback.

My main skill is Detonate Dead. I am trying to link my Cospri's Will but I'm stuck in a 4link,

I have some strong rare caster gear from my previous Animate Weapon character that I respecced so it's not that hard to gear otherwise.

The main difference is I'm using Kitava's Thirst to auto cast things like Desecrate, Molten Shell, and Blade Vortex + Power Charge on Critical. I'm wondering if the power charges are superfluous because I also have Elemental Overload. Is it good enough just using Blade Vortex to trigger Elemental Overload and no power charges? They do help get ignites.

I am using The Scourge which makes minion damage affect me. That's about 200% minion damage from the tree, jewels, and gear plus another 70% from the claw itself after I hit. I think this is more damage than another Doryani's Catalyst Vaal Sceptre but I'm not sure because I spent my passives differently.

I have The Blood Dance to give me free frenzy charges.

I run Temporal Chains + Warlord's Mark + Flammability tricurse with all the effectiveness on the tree. I plan to add an Animate Guardian for Dying Breath.

It works ok but I think a 5 or 6link will make all the difference. I can't get sick burns yet, but I'm swapping my gear slots over slowly but surely to get there.

It seems important to keep Bone Offering up? I can drop my power charge setup if you agree. Kitava poops out Desecrates because it bypasses the cooldown. Right now I have CWDTlvl16 + Bone Offering + Immortal Call + Increased Duration. It consumes my 4 endurance charges from Warlord's Mark once in a while. I still die maybe once each map. I think I will drop this and run a 4link zombies or something.

I also use a the Vaal Sceptre but if I get to where I one shot everything I might go with a shield instead. I'm hoping to reach level 93 but I'm always dieing and stuck at 92.

The main problem is I blew through 400 chromes getting all this up and running so I'm hoping experienced players like you can save me from experimenting so much and blowing currency. I have 4 different colored Kitava's, for example, after noticing how low I was getting on Chromatics.

The original plan was to attack super fast with The Scourge and a Gemini Claw so Kitava's would rapid cast Desecrate + Detonate Dead. Turns that should be some other faster attacks Ascendancy not Necromancer, so I'm going the spell version.

Thanks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1755243
Last edited by NorrYtt on Oct 18, 2016, 2:29:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info