[2.3]PHC Zoomancer Weapon Animator - 200+ minions. Atziri/Uber Izaro viable Safe and Fast clearspeed

"
I just wanna preface this saying I really like minion builds. I had a Mirror/Blink Arrow Trapper Necromancer, I've done SRS and all the other basic minion builds and I've always really wanted to try AW, and am really excited to see this build reach fruition.

However, I guess I've hit kind of a wall.

I'm level 52, at cruel Dried Lake, but I'm having a problem killing ANYTHING. Unbuffed Freezing Pulse can't kill anything, really. Also, it seems weapons are pretty scarce. Granted, I don't have a Jorhast (There's only one on poe.trade and it's listed at 1,555 exalts wtf), but even still I can only manage to really get like 4 or 5 weapons out, so upping that to 8 or 10 still wouldn't really solve my issue I don't think.

So I'm in a vicious cycle in where I can't kill anything because freezing pulse can't kill anything so I can't get weapons animated because freezing pulse can't kill anything so I can't get weapons animated, etc.

I guess my question is did you have this problem and what did you do to get over it? Even if you didn't, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would advise using SRS until you get to higher level content where the weapons will drop more.
Also, do not forget to pick up a couple of weapons before resetting or entering a new zone! It helps to snowball.
IG: LastBOSSop
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Leveling this build now, currently lvl 55. I switch over to Jorrhast as soon as I was able to, not sure if it was a good idea. When you have 6 - 8 weapons out the damage is quite good. The problem is weapon drops are quite streaky, I know once I get into maps that won't be a problem anymore. I supplement AW with flameblast for those dry spells.

I know that it might feel a bit clunky but you can buy some weapons from the vendor or just what I like to do is to pick up some of them before changing areas/resetting dried lake so that you can make it rolling.
When you get to maps honestly you won't feel it anymore - Picking up weapons from the floor is still great in maps though!

You don't have to use spell totem until you really are higher level, you can use increased duration if you feel that your weapons are not living long enough.

Let me know if you have other issues!
Hope you guys enjoy the build
IG: LastBOSSop

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info