Hmm, where do I go... ?

Well, started Prophecy and thought I'd make a stupidly high regen Marauder (mostly so I can YOLO those insanely childish lab traps - like rooms crammed full of floor blades or roombas that have no voids to move through)... but not exactly sure where I should go for damage output.

I'm still relatively low level, but the tree I've got mapped out is thus:

Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAIAAOhBQUlCQVFBQVU4YllXR005X01SWTlraGZQMmVicmo3R3JndGhyMnhvOHZBZm9nQUVzM3dPcDFWYm9BeGZVNlVjcDhUMkotMEdEdFI4Q2ZZVUlPOE81RkU4TFlQTXR6NUJoX25vYUhUYVlwU2dmRXVXZExhR1VFZkJCSGxvcVc1MzR3SGNoTmxIZnIwMlpVMi1wMlNqWVNHRTc5ckJkTzBGTFhydkdqNTh1Q2t1OGF4WERaWnNrYzY3N2FMcUV1R0RYeGhXd0diLUN0aTlOWkwtajAzanBsYzY0ZkpGeXg3U09QT045SU09ABBBQUFDQUFmUUFRSDBBUUFBAAA=

Not nearly there yet, so I've got a good bit of wiggle room.
Any suggestions where I should go - cheaply, of course. My currency is far from good, though I've managed to pick up a couple of Exalts that I'd like to hang onto until I get above 80.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Jun 17, 2016, 8:22:39 AM
Last bumped on Jun 28, 2016, 12:11:04 PM
The best trap runner is a character that focuses on regen and physical mitigation through endurance charges

With this build you can get up to 10 or 11 maximum endurance charges, generate them all instantly with a single enduring cry, then use the unique ring kaom's way to cause each endurance charge to give you life regen. With all 11 charges up you can literally stand in most traps permanently without taking damage. The tree synergizes really well with earthquake, so i'd recommend you use that with a really hard hitting 2handed mace (marohi erqi is a good choice).
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
That's pretty similar to what I've got worked out so far, but then I've just made lvl 62 and I'm still working on getting more life nodes and those endurance charge nodes.

Once I get to the point I can tank my way through the cruel/merc labs I'll see what I can figure out. Unfortunately I took the fortify ascendancy and you can't recast those points that I know of. I think I can handle missing the Unstoppable notable so long as I can keep myself in a good pair of fast boots.

Question about the Unbreakable notable, though. It only doubles your chest piece, right?
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Jun 19, 2016, 11:35:03 AM
You can unspec ascendancy nodes, it just costs something like 5 regret orbs per point instead of 1. I've never tried it myself so I may be mistaken, but I believe you have to do a lab run and get to the ascendancy device at the end and you can respec your points there. Either way it's not the end of the world.

Unbreakable does only work on your chest piece. The reason I believe it is quite potent is not only being immune to stun, but in the late game you can get upwards of 2k armor on a chest piece, so this makes it upwards of 4k and that is base armor, before any increases, so in a high armor build you can quickly scale your armor up to ridiculous proportions.
How to make currency in Path of Exile, a comprehensive guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Ig9_8XjC8
Ahh well, I've worked up to 84 thus far. Not exactly staying with my initial mapping, taking bits and pieces here from other builds I've seen.

Regen is certainly pretty nice, at 13%/sec or so. 7 endurance charges that are up pretty much full time.

I'm pretty timid when it comes to maps overall, and I really haven't gotten above 6 simply because nothing higher than that has dropped for me yet.

Tooltip damage is pretty anemic at 4500 using my current setup - Earthquake linked with reduced duration, fortify, cast on kill linked to bladefall. I was initially running increased meelee damage and added fire damage that, in combination with blood rage's 3 frenzy charges and ancestral warchief was just shy of 14k on the tooltip, but I'm finding that bladefall just rips white packs apart up to tier 6 and makes relatively short work of blue and rare as well. Single target is lacking, but the warchief fills the gap pretty well.

I thought about going righteous fire but even with my regen and 76% fire resist I still lost life, alas. It would've been a good shield against meelee mobs. I have yet to get vaal molten shell so my CWDT is the standard immortal call (4 seconds) and enduring cry to refresh my endurance charges immediately. I put vaal freeze pulse in there to halt attackers in place for a quick getaway but it isn't proccing on CWDT.

My current gear setup is toward rarity to increase my income - this guy farms without breaking a sweat, though rarity is capped without better gear at 180%. Pretty much all the gear that drops I churn into chaos since I suck at the market. *heh*
Patch Notes 3.15:
Patch Notes 3.19:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info