Incinerate Builds

Are there any good Incinerate builds for the Scion right now? i know it was a good shotgun build in 2.0 and earlier.. but i think the ability is pretty neat and could be good. just wondering if there has been any builds for 2.3 using this ability?
Last bumped on Jun 19, 2016, 4:36:51 PM
Is there really no incinerate builds right now?
After the initial incinerate nerf that rendered it almost useless, people used 100% chaos conversion with consuming darks to make it viable again. The recent nerf to chaos conversion left incinerate in a bad spot again. (Check the builds in the "2.2 outdated chaos conversion builds" spoiler in the scion and witch builds list).
Another way to use incinerate was to pair it with vaal molten shell that was triggered by scold's bridle. But VMS also was nerfed recently.

Incinerate may still be a viable skill. But the lack of new/updated incinerate guides may be due to the fact that people are getting tired of their builds being dismantled by nerfing central features with every major patch.
I currently am doing a fire incinerator as a scion. I have been able to do uber lab on it as well as clear t14 maps relatively fine. I don't have a guide up on it yet, but you could look at my character tab and spot it. I might try to make a guide for it down the road
"
After the initial incinerate nerf that rendered it almost useless, people used 100% chaos conversion with consuming darks to make it viable again. The recent nerf to chaos conversion left incinerate in a bad spot again. (Check the builds in the "2.2 outdated chaos conversion builds" spoiler in the scion and witch builds list).
Another way to use incinerate was to pair it with vaal molten shell that was triggered by scold's bridle. But VMS also was nerfed recently.

Incinerate may still be a viable skill. But the lack of new/updated incinerate guides may be due to the fact that people are getting tired of their builds being dismantled by nerfing central features with every major patch.

You forgot about the Berseker Ascendancy nerf, which allowed to get ES-leech without wasting a link.
well, I don't have a scion incinerate build, but I do have 2 juggernaut incinerate builds. One es, and one life, just to test. ES build is way tankier and has more potential damage output after getting lvl 70 on each character.

Both use scolds bridle to take advantage of juggernaut nodes for getting max endurance charges instantly. They both also at the same time use scolds bridle to proc a 4.5 second CWDT+Immortal call. Basically immortal call is up 95% of the time whenever you're in combat. Hell, even just whirlwind-blading around will proc immortal call which negates trap damage in labyrinth. They both also have life/es gen of around 8% each, which is more than enough to make up for the damage scolds bridle gives you. Also, you will still gain endurance charges, but not loose life when IC procs while you got incinerate going.

The down side though, is that both are totally mana inefficient. But you need that to proc IC quickly. So they both end up using mana leech gems for at least 1 slot. With an es low life build with shavronnes+pain attunement, you negate the loss of that 1 slot. But if you want to be super tanky and not worry about chaos, just go CI, you will loose some of that damage though.

Overall, it's a slow map clearer. Incinerate is painfully weak now, especially since I'm just using advancing fortress and a rathpith shield. Even with gloves that give you Iron Will, and 90% spell damage from scolds bridle, the damage is very weak. But then again, they're just around lvl 70 so they still got room to grow.
Last edited by id_rather_be_single on Jun 19, 2016, 4:45:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info