[2.3]Updated Video Guide [Atziri Viable] Pretty-Critty-Bang-Bang CoC AOE Lacerate w totem buddy

Hello again! I wanted to show you guys what might be the most OP and computer smashing build I have found! I just want to start off by thanking the forum peeps for feature my Scion Crit EQ build in the main build forum!

Here is a link to it if you want to try it out.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1664621

Ok, back to business. This build can start out cheap, but grows as you get more currency to invest in it. Remember this is a work in progress so any feedback would be great!

Concept
Spoiler
I started off by playing trying out a physical damage crit Lacerate build. Obviously the Assasin was the way to go with the great crit chance and mulit, and not to mention the bleed, poison, maim. I got to about level 75 and was doing good, but lacerate just felt kind of meh, especially when compared to Reave. Reave just does the same basic thing, but also gets a huge aoe boost from Vaal Reave. I decided to respec and see what lacerate could do with Coc.

This build shares a lot of similarities with Mathil's CoCslam build, but i always felt groundslam lacked in aoe and single target damage.

The bread and butter
Spoiler
Lacerate - is an amazing skill to proc CoC because it hits multiple times on multiple targets and even better.... with each level and quality you get more aoe!!! It does have the drawback of less attack speed, but with the right weapon and lots of attack speed from jewels, passives, and multistrike we don't mind.

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

+Super fast clear speed
+tons of aoe goodness
+tanky
+great single target damage
+ancestral Protector just makes us OP OP

-can run phys reflect maps
-phys reflect mobs should be approached with caution, but doable
-getting the right jewels can be pricey
-silence (need a immune to silence jewel)
-need a lot of strength
-bloodmagic for whirling blades sucks with Vaal Pact

Passive Tree
Spoiler

lvl 90 tree - beyond this just pick up attack speed and crit multi by scion, and life where you can.
www.poeurl.com/Gpi

We focus mainly on crit, jewels, Acro/PhaseAcro, and life were we can. We also pick up a mana leech node by the ranger to help sustain mana while swinging.

Bandits - oak, kraityn, alira (life, attack speed, powercharge)

Gear
Spoiler

Vagan Sword - An absolute must for this build since it gives us 100% accuracy and saves us a ton of points in the tree and gear. Sadly you can't roll spell damage like you can with daggers, but we are trying to stack crit multi in order to compensate that. Try and get a sword with high attack speed, crit chance, and crit multi. I think i bought mine for 1c and crafted the attack speed onto it

Honestly this is just a nice thing to have, but is by no means necessary. The life is nice, but we really do it for the aoe and damage. I ran with a tabula rasa till like level 82 when i could afford to buy and link this one. I would also recommend the belly of the beast since it gives so much life, but it can be hard to get the right colors we need. 6L is pretty much mandatory for this build.

Maligaro's are just great for the crit chance, multi, and attack speed. They are pretty cheap right now - spent... 3c to buy these.

Rare shield with lots of life, resists, and evasion - this one costs me like 4c

Rare Helmet with lots of life, resists, and evasion - this one costs me like 3c (you could go Rat's nest, but you would suffer survivability and would make it hard to cap resists on other gear)

Jewelry is pretty straight forward. Diamond rings with life, resists, and attack speed if you can get it.. also mana. Amulet can be whatever, but i would prioritize life, resists, strength, crit multi, crit chance. All depends on your budget. I found all my jewelry so i'm not sure how much it would cost. Strength is very important on your jewelry since our friend Ancestral Totem requires a ton of strength.

Rare boots with movespeed, life, and resists. I found these in cruel act 4(odd i know) so i scored big there.

Rustic Sash with high life, strength, and resists - this one costs me like 15c i think. Use blessed orbs to max out the phys damage roll.

Flasks - work in progress
Spoiler

Pretty basic flasks. Important ones are the Atziri's Promise for the boosted damage and life leech and the silver flask for the attack speed boost. I would like to get a Taste of Hate eventually to give us more tankiness and potentially a lot of damage

Jewels
Spoiler

This is where a lot of your currency will go because we need life, attack speed, crit chance, and crit multi. I probably spent like.... 60+ chaos in jewels, and they can still be improved, but it just adds so much damage and life.

Stats
Spoiler
No real point in showing pictures since CoC is so hard to just damage.

I do have 4.7k life (at lvl 85) and I have Acro and Phase Acro
Attack speed is key for this build and I have like 4.0 with just auras and golem. I get up to 6.7 aps with vaal haste, full frenzy, totem, and silver flask... it's nuts.
Lacerates Crit chance is sitting at 90% with full power charges

Gems/Links
Spoiler

6L - Lacerate, Multistrike, Cast on Crit, Inc Aoe, Glacial Cascade, Bladefall
5L version - Lacerate, Multistrike, Cast on Crit, Glacial Cascade, Bladefall (you'll loose clearspeed without the inc aoe, but it is doable, especially if you have a 5l carcass jack)

Sword - whirling blades, faster attacks, bloodmagic

Helm - Haste, Herald of Thunder, Vaal Haste, Ancestral Protector (totem buddy)

Shield - Vaal Reeve, CoC, Shock Nova (this is experimental to get a quick burst of damage and also use against phys reflect mobs. The damage isn't great since we pick up mostly phys damage nodes, but it is still decent)

Gloves - Lighting Golem, Herald of Ice, Culling strike, Ice bite (frenzy charge generation)

Boots - CWDT, Immortal Call, Inc Duration, Warlord's Mark (life leech when we need it)

Video

Atziri Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uM8_U3TVAk&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by neodjr on Jul 12, 2016, 5:42:22 PM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 2:56:18 PM
Looks like a nice build.
Just one question.. How does this work against bosses? Is it the same as other CoC build, a bit weak on bosses like Izaro and Atziri?
Reanyc, It works great against almost every boss! The only part i haven't quite figured out yet is the atziri split phase and not hitting the mirrored one, but to be honestly i only did one atziri run and then had to travel for work so i haven't gotten a chance to try another one. I defeated her, but did die once to accidentally hitting the mirrored one with bladefall.
It remember the Ground Slam CoC, but appears much better.
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
What are the bandit choices? normal oak,cruel kraitlyn,merciless alira?
"
hognus wrote:
What are the bandit choices? normal oak,cruel kraitlyn,merciless alira?

I went with Oak, Kraityn, Alira
Looking the videos doubt, how can you have power charges full time?
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
"
This build shares a lot of similarities with Mathil's CoCslam build, but i always felt groundslam lacked in aoe and single target damage.

personally i don't really see where lacerate is much improvement over ground slam. lets compare the two.

Ground Slam
ground slam requires a mace or staff. this i feel is the best aspect about this skill, because you can use the awesome and fairly cheap unique "Death's Hand". Death's Hand is IMO a much better option than a vagan weapon because it has much higher base crit chance, still decent attack speed, much easier to obtain, and you gain unholy might.
since you're using physical damage spells (ek, bladefall, glacial cascade....though you substitute ek for inc aoe) you gain an insane boost in damage from unholy might, which is always active for your spell casts. this is double dipped in damage with the physical+chaos damage boosts from shadow start.

yes, you will need some accuracy to compensate, but this is hardly hard to do. my character has 92% accuracy which is compared vs monsters of your own level (lvl 90) so technically you will always have higher accuracy than is listed because you're never fighting mobs of your level.
not only that, but i also use the poacher's mark which lowers enemy evasion, allowing you to hit more often. so i most likely have an effective 95% accuracy rate anyway.

Ground Slam also does not alternate weapons, which i find to be most useful. this allows me to have a dagger specifically for spell crit/damage to supremely boost my DPS and not have to worry about half of my hits being useless by alternating weapons used per attack. ground slam doesn't do this. it will only use your mace with extremely high crit chance, making it very easy to cap crit chance. not just for ground slam but for your spells also.

next, ground slam does gain AoE per level. not per quality, but i don't find that as a bad thing. you don't need to quality your ground slam gem, which is beneficial since its less time and currency invested to make your build viable.

with the power charge chance on stun, its much easier to obtain and more importantly sustain your power charges. not just relying on the assassin's chance to gain power charge on non-critical strikes

Lacerate
Lacerate can only be used with swords and axes. i find this to be a horrible downside. you can't use that awesome mace, you can't use crit daggers, you are pigeon held to using a crit rapier which is quite limited in your base crit chance. this makes obtaining maximum crit chance very difficult and expensive.

next is your attack speed. its 30% less. this is obscene. 30% less is factored after all bonuses as well, so you basically can't fully overcome it. it completely negates the bonus attack speed from rapiers, especially considering the next point - theres not much point in dual wielding whereas its very easy and convenient to dual wield with ground slam (grants 15% more attack speed).

you alternate weapons if you're dual wielding. however this probably doesn't matter, because there is literally no point in dual wielding when using lacerate since you can only use swords and axes. though even if you wanted to use a soul taker or something, lacerate alternates weapons so only half of your slashes would have the crit rate you desire.
you can however dual wield crit rapiers in order to stack the crit multi, which i would probably find to be most effective. it would at least help try to overcome the less attack speed from lacerate.

lacerate does seem to have a great advantage with its area of effect, since it overlaps in the middle and will hit a target twice. this would allow single target damage to effectively be double.
now with this point everybody is going to be like...see its twice as good as ground slam. well i very much disagree. where as it has one advantage in this point, it isn't like single target dps is lacking with CoCslam builds. its actually much higher as a base point already, because you can have unholy might apply to your spell damage 100% of the time and also have a supporting dps dagger on dual wield.
as a whole though, yup chalk one up for lacerate.

the next advantage i'd say lacerate has is its a green gem, meaning its slightly easier to colour your carcass jack.

lacerate does gain 10% aoe with its quality, but it doesn't have stun chance or anything, and with cocslam builds usually you go off and get the other aoe radius anyway which is actually better because its 10-15% boost in all aoe (including spells) and not just on ground slam, as it is with lacerate quality.

this is just my opinion. obviously your build is successful and you enjoy it, so thats great. on paper and in practice i see ground slam being superior however it really doesn't matter. if you can clear the game in fraction of seconds then doing it slightly better means nothing anyway, and thus its just all about what you prefer.

here is a link to my cocslam setup to compare and see different things. cheers

Last edited by xMustard on Jul 8, 2016, 1:01:16 PM
update more please, i really like this build :D
i'm following your build to play, now level 65,my critical chance is about 43%(5 power charges added),and cast on critical strike chance is 63%,the problem is that the spell bladefall and glacial cascade come out so unstable, and my lacerate DPS 650,bladefall DPS 1384,glacial cascade DPS 742.is it in a normal condition?
look forward to your reply :)
Last edited by Suraini on Aug 7, 2016, 9:03:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info